Things that bad players believe are OP, but aren't:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexair17 View Post
I'm pretty sure the main point of thornmail is when the other team is AD heavy.
Pretty much. The reflection can be really brutal, especially when they don't build MR.

Rammus's real threat is to physical damage champs who have little MR, because Thornmail+DBC+Tremors=they melt.

But as has been stated, anyone with strong kiting, or high magic damage can blow him apart. (For mages, just CC him, wait out DBC if he pops it, then nuke)

TouchinMyself

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post

Capping all five points

Unless you have some way of keeping the enemy from leaving the spawn area, they will take advantage of your idiotically thin defenses.
If you can cap all 5 DO IT. It completely stops your point loss and melts their nexus fast. EVen if they take it back after 30 seconds its worth the trouble as it also forces them to split up and take 2.

ViashinoWizard

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
If you can cap all 5 DO IT. It completely stops your point loss and melts their nexus fast. EVen if they take it back after 30 seconds its worth the trouble as it also forces them to split up and take 2.
If you're in a position where this can happen, the enemy team either has an AFK or is very bad.

Though I guess there's those once-in-a-blue-moon times when everyone gets involved in skirmishes at once and someone scores an Ace.

K J

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

Actually, i see aces about every 10 games or so... and those games tend to have them on both sides.

Tryndamere and Heimerdinger

These kiddies are gimicky at best and are easily killed, kited, or avoided

Movement 5 boots + 5x phantom dancers is win

Actually, it does mean a win... for the other team. You do no damage with a build like this, and unless the other team is dumb enough to spend 3 minutes trying to chase you through the jungle, you're playing a 4v5.

Attero

10-07-2011

Hey bro, I think Revive is OP.

I use it every game on every champ, and I win considerably more than I lose. Or at least I did until I started getting matched against platinum players regularly. And guess what? Lots of them use revive too. Or are you better and smarter than platinum players too?

FDru

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attero View Post

I use it every game on every champ, and I win considerably more than I lose. Or at least I did until I started getting matched against platinum players regularly. And guess what? Lots of them use revive too. Or are you better and smarter than platinum players too?
Yeah I fought against ManyReason and a couple of his buddies the other day, they had 2 revives. They lost.

So OP.

BigDaddyRelish

10-07-2011

Thornmail is a great item, especially for it's very low cost, but it's obviously not op.

It's just really really good against people who use their auto-attacks to do almost all of their damage, like Vayne, Yi, Trynd, etc.

It's not the end-all be-all item to get though. Wit's End for example is a really good counter item to get for it, but that doesn't mean thornmail is bad.

PVStar

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attero View Post

Just because people use it doesn't mean it's OP. Just saying.

CrackaJack

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
In 250 games I have lost to one Rammus team.
Lying to prove your point is just stupid.

A. I guarantee more than ONE of your losses involves a team with Rammus
B. You didn't count
C. I don't think Rammus is OP

Attero

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Yeah I fought against ManyReason and a couple of his buddies the other day, they had 2 revives. They lost.

So OP.
OK? I played against Locodoco and MadLife yesterday. They both had revive. (So did like 6 other people in the game.) But they won. Does that mean revive is OP? No.

Are either of our stories relevant? Not particularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
Just because people use it doesn't mean it's OP. Just saying.
Maybe not, but it definitely doesn't mean that only baddies use or like it, which are common statements.