Things that bad players believe are OP, but aren't:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Rammus
Easily countered by a rather large handful of champs with high mobility (Teemo, Singed, Kassadin, Nidalee to name a few). Low HP, extremely vulnerable to true damage. A good defender but with such low damage that other tanks or bruisers tend to be better choices. A gimmicky champ who's main use is taunting you at a turret.

In 250 games I have lost to one Rammus team.

Revive
The lack of a real summoner spell in its place (with 1/3rd the cooldown or less) is more crippling than Revive enthusiasts realize. It might win you Windmill at level 3, but the many exhausts that are going to be used on you during the 9 minute cooldown (while you have nothing) is going to cost you.

In 250 games I have not lost to a single 2+ revive team.

Thornmail
Any amount of MR will significantly lower its return damage. The lack of health makes this a poor choice for any champ who can't afford to stack HP. Its use is limited to countering glass cannon pure AD champs like Yi or Tryndamere, and that's about it (and it's not going to stop Trynd from destroying you anyway). Useful occasionally, but seldom a practical item choice, especially against bruisers.

When I see players build Thornmail I just laugh cause I'm probably playing Renekton. 0% damage return on physical spells, yo. Spirit Visage, Mercs or FoN takes care of the rest

Feel free to add to the list.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Jax

In the hands of a skilled player - a force to be reckoned with.

In the hands of a bad player who thinks that he/she will win just by picking Jax - a liability.


Capping all five points

Unless you have some way of keeping the enemy from leaving the spawn area, they will take advantage of your idiotically thin defenses.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mihlo

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Rammus
Easily countered by a rather large handful of champs with high mobility (Teemo, Singed, Kassadin, Nidalee to name a few). Low HP, extremely vulnerable to true damage. A good defender but with such low damage that other tanks or bruisers tend to be better choices. A gimmicky champ who's main use is taunting you at a turret.

In 250 games I have lost to one Rammus team.
You must be facing a bunch of the 'herp derp speed' rammus players. A rammus that is built properly, as in, a tank, isn't OP but is a massive pain in the ass, he is a good defender and good at capping points, true damage is about the only thing that will kill him fast enough to be worth fighting him, and time is critical as he only needs to live long enough for an ally to grab the kill.

And to add to the thread

Capping bot over Windmill
Because its much easier to defend bot, since their spawn isn't right next to it..... >.>


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExpressLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Who honestly thinks revive is OP?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2011

I'm sorry, what?

Thornmail is not good because you can reduce the returned damage?

You do understand the primary point of thornmail is that it gives armor. Which reduces the damage they deal to you. The bonus effect is helpful, but even without it thornmail is still an average-good item.

On a sidenote, people who are obsessed with thornmail should look at wardens mail. Its one of the most efficient armor items for its gold, and also has a good passive


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihlo View Post
You must be facing a bunch of the 'herp derp speed' rammus players. A rammus that is built properly, as in, a tank, isn't OP but is a massive pain in the ass, he is a good defender and good at capping points, true damage is about the only thing that will kill him fast enough to be worth fighting him, and time is critical as he only needs to live long enough for an ally to grab the kill.
>.>
Um, that was my point. But a traditionally built Rammus is no stronger than he is on SR. The only reason people are banning him is because of his backdooring, which is an annoying tactic at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
Who honestly thinks revive is OP?
Quote:
bad players


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
I'm sorry, what?

Thornmail is not good because you can reduce the returned damage?

You do understand the primary point of thornmail is that it gives armor. Which reduces the damage they deal to you. The bonus effect is helpful, but even without it thornmail is still an average-good item.

On a sidenote, people who are obsessed with thornmail should look at wardens mail. Its one of the most efficient armor items for its gold, and also has a good passive
lol, yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that Frozen Heart, Omen and Sunfire are just flat out better in every way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thenightangel05

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
lol, yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that Frozen Heart, Omen and Sunfire are just flat out better in every way.
I have to agree with you Frozen Mallet and Omen are amazing, im not a big fan of Sunfire personally, though I know so many players love the damage it gives and esp against ad heavy teams.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihlo View Post
You must be facing a bunch of the 'herp derp speed' rammus players. A rammus that is built properly, as in, a tank, isn't OP but is a massive pain in the ass, he is a good defender and good at capping points, true damage is about the only thing that will kill him fast enough to be worth fighting him, and time is critical as he only needs to live long enough for an ally to grab the kill.

And to add to the thread

Capping bot over Windmill
Because its much easier to defend bot, since their spawn isn't right next to it..... >.>
Actually, if you take bot after killing a few of them, it's not hard to hold it for a while as they stagger back onto the field. Also, it tends to global taunt the enemy team, leaving all other cps open for capture. It's no harder to defend than windmill, really - they get no reduction in respawn time, after all. Just take it, and be willing to part with it if they come to 3v1... and smash in their other cps while you poke at them, stall them, bait them into chasing, etc.

In short, cap bot. Anyone who says its harder to defend doesn't know what they're talking about. Usually, the problem is that bot is the most defended by the enemy team, so you're all beat up after taking it. It's not the position, it's your HP!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alexair17

Senior Member

10-07-2011

I'm pretty sure the main point of thornmail is when the other team is AD heavy.