Madred's/Wriggles removed for being usless on Dom, possibly too good for TT?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frosty716

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuraZero View Post
Hmm, I'd like to think that it's potential power from its active is negated due to the prevalence of pink wards at the two major ward spots, it allows you an extra ward at a non-key location, but I've seen plenty of wriggles wards give 25g to the other team cause they were placed near a pink.

I could see the proc being too strong, but I think the bigger issue is dragon's health not scaling enough that it takes too little time to do.

In fact 3 or more madreds might give you too much baron power on SR too, but no one has really tried.
this. and yes they have, u can get early baron i've seen it

LEVEL 5 DAGON

10-07-2011

YES. I've been thinking about this myself for a while. But there would need to be an equivalent Bloodrazor item that doesn't build from Madreds if Madreds/Wriggles were removed, because lack of Bloodrazor in 3s definitely gimps some picks like Teemo and... probably just Teemo.

infinite azure

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVEL 5 DAGON View Post
YES. I've been thinking about this myself for a while. But there would need to be an equivalent Bloodrazor item that doesn't build from Madreds if Madreds/Wriggles were removed, because lack of Bloodrazor in 3s definitely gimps some picks like Teemo and... probably just Teemo.
Kogmaw, kayle, any carry actually building against an HP stacking team?

Also junglers would find it impossible unless they're incredibly strong, making the viable jungle options so minuscule and tankydps even stronger

Aeidial

10-07-2011

Quote:
Hmm, I'd like to think that it's potential power from its active is negated due to the prevalence of pink wards at the two major ward spots, it allows you an extra ward at a non-key location, but I've seen plenty of wriggles wards give 25g to the other team cause they were placed near a pink.

I could see the proc being too strong, but I think the bigger issue is dragon's health not scaling enough that it takes too little time to do.

In fact 3 or more madreds might give you too much baron power on SR too, but no one has really tried.
TSM tried it on a tournament. I don't remember which one though.

LEVEL 5 DAGON

10-07-2011

Quote:
Kogmaw, kayle, any carry actually building against an HP stacking team?

Also junglers would find it impossible unless they're incredibly strong, making the viable jungle options so minuscule and tankydps even stronger
Arlight - Madreds can stay in, dragon gets buffed (so even with Madreds he's difficult to solo) Wriggles disabled. I just find the complete package of Wriggles too excessive, especially the free ward.

1UPedU

10-07-2011

why fix what isn't broken? it effects both teams evenly in game, so the item is more useful on one map than another, thats true of like every item, after all you almost never see gold per 10 on unranked TT, does that mean gold per 10 is to powerful on SR and should be nerfted?

infinite azure

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVEL 5 DAGON View Post
Arlight - Madreds can stay in, dragon gets buffed (so even with Madreds he's difficult to solo) Wriggles disabled. I just find the complete package of Wriggles too excessive, especially the free ward.
You do know you can buy wards right? and pinks are going to be in the two spots that matter that if the other team gets cheap all they do is give you gold. The reason people think wriggles is so strong is that lifesteal is so strong in a package with other powerful things, you could get starks vamp piece and it would feel similar with other stats too.

Chettone

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
This is something I've been thinking about for a while.

Madred's Razor and Wriggle's Lantern were removed from Dominion because the proc-hit would have been mostly useless and wards were being removed overall.

Which makes me wonder if a problem on TT is that Madred's Razor and Wriggle's Lantern might be TOO good, especially for control of the dragon and lizard buffs. With the emphasis on jungling, I can't help but wonder if these items are skewering the map by being too necessary for success on it.

Does anyone have a solid argument for one way or the other?
Wriggle's Lantern is a GREAT item for 3v3. I have never seen a good team on 3v3 without a lantern (or two) on their team.

Most AD junglers use it (such as Xin Zhao, Udyr, Lee Sin, WW, Olaf) and also junglers as Nunu can use it as well.

IMO Wriggle's Lantern is a MUST on TT.

xKHORNExLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

It's super great and I like it on TT. The only real non-champion balance problem on TT is how weak dragon is.

Buff dragon, keep wriggles, rock on.

Zetsu

Adjudicator

10-08-2011

Definitely make dragon scale more. 2nd or 3rd dragon takes about the same amount of time to kill for a team as it takes going from top lane turret to dragon, that's a bit messed up.