installing LoL for Mac: step by step guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frostmourne316

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

I just upvoted everyone's posts again. Stinking Windows Trolls. STAY OUT OF THE MAC FORUMS YOU FREAKS OF NATURE!! Take your stinking ignoramous anti-Mac out of here!

I don't mind people who think that Mac's aren't for them- because they aren't for everyone. But, the anti-Mac mentality is intolerable and grounded in a complete unwillingness to admit to historical facts- for example, several anti-Mac friends continue to post that Steve Jobs never made his own positive contribution to society since he just took credit for other people's ideas. This is obviously a bold-faced lie!

Okay, enough venting about that....

I'm using Rockmelt as my browser, so that might explain why the pictures are showing up as though they are broken links, but when I right-click, and then tell my browser to "View in a New Tab", I can see them just fine, as Ed told us to do.

Ed- do we need to uninstall the old LoL Mac Client, or do we keep it? If it should be deleted, can you please edit your original post to show where in the process that would be best (which, I'm guessing is after I've moved my mastery pages over to the new folders)? Thank you!

OMG noodles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

Its patching rly slowly.

took half hour for 1rst, 2 hours for 2nd, and now 3rd going real slow like

Ediwir

Wrenchman

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostmourne316 View Post
do we need to uninstall the old LoL Mac Client, or do we keep it? If it should be deleted, can you please edit your original post to show where in the process that would be best (which, I'm guessing is after I've moved my mastery pages over to the new folders)? Thank you!
all you need to do was explained. all else is optional. you can keep the old one, get rid of it, or just forget about it - all necessary files are included in our installer and there is no interaction or overlapping between the clients.

killedbythatguy

10-08-2011

so i downloaded all the patches last night turned it off. This morning opened up the program and it said it was disconnected from the server so I closed it and tried to open it again and it didn't work

killedbythatguy

10-08-2011

now it is making me repatch

L3G1TGAM3R

10-08-2011

I am on step 5 right now, but when i try to open it, it won't show it in the bar and it says "The application League of Legends - Boompje Edition can't be opened.
-1712"

Can anyone help me?

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3G1TGAM3R View Post
I am on step 5 right now, but when i try to open it, it won't show it in the bar and it says "The application League of Legends - Boompje Edition can't be opened.
-1712"

Can anyone help me?
Reboot that error usually occurs when there are some dead processes left from a previous launch of LoL

rizagotowned

10-08-2011

Hey Ediwir I was wondering if you could help me with this. I just downloaded Boompje's client and it's right now patching, but I couldn't successfully complete step 4. It won't allow me to drag the folders on the left into the ones on the right. It says that the ones on the right cannot be modified. So I don't really know what to do about it :S

mhmmbeer

10-08-2011

since i installed your client boompje i get some ingame freezes. especially when something new happens.. like the information when someone has killed someone else, or the minions have spawned text, first cast of spells, and so on. this happens once and stops then mostly (there are freezes in late game as well but not that often anymore). this sucks when you are in teamfight because you can't do anything and your char stands somewhere else suddenly when the game goes on :/

i am using a 2011 macbook 13" i5. Have you got the same issues?

mhmmbeer

10-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizagotowned View Post
Hey Ediwir I was wondering if you could help me with this. I just downloaded Boompje's client and it's right now patching, but I couldn't successfully complete step 4. It won't allow me to drag the folders on the left into the ones on the right. It says that the ones on the right cannot be modified. So I don't really know what to do about it :S
looks like you have no admin-rights. relogin as admin or give yourself admin rights!