Sight Ward

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blackheartz18

10-10-2011

Yeah, so.. I'm kind of new to the game to be honest. I've been using Gentleman Cho'Gath and I love using him.. in fact, I think I'm getting pretty good. However, as I was reading guides on mastering Cho'Gath, I noticed that they all say that Sight Ward is very important for him to be using. I tried using it in games, but I just don't understand what it does, where to use it, when to use it, and how to use it effectively. The description of Sight Ward doesn't really help me to understand what it does either.. I'd really appreciate if someone could help me out and tell me what it does haha, thanks. Oh and, sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm kind of new to the forums as well :x

K1ll3r1nk

10-10-2011

Sight wards=

Yellow Sight Ward - Its a placable item that grants you vision of an area for 3 minutes. This ward is generally used to ward the "river" part of your lane as well as other areas.

Pink Sight Ward - is the same thing as a yellow ward except this ward see invisible units such as eve, twtich, other wards, teemo and his shrooms, akali in shroud, vayne during tumble ultimate. You mainly use this ward to ward dragon and baron nashor with.

These wards have no stat enhancements or any other benefit other that to grant you vision

LancerXXX

10-10-2011

Sight Wards are green... not yellow... and Vision Wards are purple, as K1ll3r1nk said. Note that Vision Wards can see stealthed units, including other wards.

Linden Ryuujin

10-11-2011

The idea of sight wards is just that they increase your map awareness. You use them to avoid ganks, and make ganks, push safely, etc. You can stick them in brush to which will mean you can see people hiding in them.

Early on you'll want to use wards to keep an eye on the side routes to your lane, this will stop people sneaking up on you. You then get a better idea on when you can push your lane, if it's safe to push for a gank etc. You can also ward the Dragon and buff creeps to keep an eye on them and stop enemy attempts to control them.

Later on you'll want to put them more into the woods, to monitor routes in and out, this means you'll have a good idea when people are lining up for a gank, or help you catch people offside. Vision is power. Only with wards will you know if you're walking into a bait or catching someone offside. You can also use purple wards to see the other teams wards and destroy them (oracle elixir works too).

Blackheartz18

10-11-2011

Oh, alright.. thanks guys. I guess I'll try using them out and seeing how it works for me.

Linden Ryuujin

10-11-2011

Wards win games no matter who you're playing. Really you want everyone on your team to buy a few and keep them up and running. But on person getting them is better than no people

Beaumains

10-11-2011

I try always to follow the Rule of 2: every time you pill (go back to base), get 2 wards - before you get anything else. As has been inferred, hinted, suggested, and even outright stated above, wards exist to increase your awareness. They provide vision, which provides tactical information, which is arguably the single most important commodity in the game (knowledge = power). As said above, it really doesn't matter who you're playing; no one is exempt from this (or a similar) rule - except Soraka (and other supports) who should be getting a full stack.

You will realize their importance more as you play the game; but one of the biggest points right now is something as simple as the brush in your lane. Someone in the brush can attack you from anywhere (if you're in range), while you cannot attack them - at least not reliably). By placing a ward in the brush, you deprive your enemy of all of its advantages (unless they're Nidalee or Caitlyn).