Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Talon Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pythonhier

10-07-2011

Ok so I was thinking of buying Talon, and was wondering what kind of runepage should I build him with Armor Pen (of course), Cooldown Reduction, and Health runes? With Damage Quints, or more Armor Pen quints? I thought of this idea randomly cause his weaknesses is that he has no sustain abilities for healing or protection, except for his ult that gives him a stealth (then has blades chase after him giving away his position). I was think Armor Pen, cause you always take Armor pen or magic pen depending on AP or AD champs, also my enemies would be building armor, due to the fact I am fully AD. Cooldown Reduction, in attempt to lower the cooldown on his ult so I can use it more often when I need to escape or attack. Also wouldn't hurt if Noxian Diplomacy came up more in a fight . Health cause he doesn't have any healing or sustain abilities. What do you think? I was also thinking of using Health Regen instead, I wonder if those runes are actually good?

Pythonhier

10-07-2011

Suggestions?

Sykil

10-07-2011

Most general (and cheap) rune page for Talon would be

Armor Pen reds
Armor yellows
MR per level blues
Armor Pen quints

CDR blues is a more aggressive (and expensive) setup. Armor pen quints can be switched out for damage quints for easier last hits/better creep farm with skills/more damage to squishy lane opponents. Movespeed quints are also decent on just about anyone.

Vysander

10-07-2011

I've had good success with Armor yellows, ArPen reds, flat mr blues (or per lvl) and HP quints (or movespeed)

then start with boots +pots

Gives good survivability, and with ionian boots+brutalizer you get alot of cdr.

ByakuyaYO

10-07-2011

I go pure offensive with talon, runes masteries and exhaust ignite guarantees a few easy kills throughout the game =3

http://www.riotoflegends.blogspot.com

Briandawg

10-07-2011

Some people run flat AD runes for reds to give them a little more sting during laning. Honestly you could probably go either way between Ad and ArPen. ArPen is probably better to use as a general rune page setup.