Solomid 3s guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2011

The goal of this guide is to create a stronger more intelligent player base. Ideally, normal que will become more competitive, and people can have more meaningful wins and losses. As of now I feel like my progress has stalled simply because I don't fight enough good teams. Most teams ignore dragon early, and in general make poor decisions.

After an unsatisfactory search for an adequate Twisted Treeline guide, I decided to start my own. This guide is primarily focused on the importance of dragon and the boundless creativity that lies in this map. It is currently a work in progress and I'm looking for platinum and gold players (they have proven themselves) to contribute strategies and give any other suggestions.

Currently I have the chapters that I am for sure going to write added and later will add related videos and more chapters as they come to me.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...26941317967931 is the link to the prerelease guide.

Edit: Basic mid, early, late game strategy written, as well as some numbers and things.

Currently Looking for:

A few High elo tier lists for junglers and team comps

High Elo pro tips

Some Links to some high elo streams, preferably with some recorded games

After talking/playing with some plats, it looks like i need to change up the way I look at TT jungle. guide will take a considerable amount of time to be up to par

Fapping Wombat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-07-2011

Very helpful guide so far.

Bump.

Rewben2

10-07-2011

So far, it's a good guide.

John Madden

Recruiter

10-07-2011

Not bad. You should add timers for the other camps (4 min for red, 3 min for green/grey buffs, 75 seconds for small camps? - not sure about last one).

I have to disagree with WW being the "king" of the jungle. I rarely see him in 3s honestly. He's probably 7th or 8th best at the moment (Lee, Udyr, GP, Noc, XZ, Trundle > Cho/Nunu/Shaco/WW/J4/Ram, or something like that). Nothing wrong with a section about WW and a mini-guide though, but do try to avoid opinion.

TestSubject41

10-07-2011

It is a very good start. I'm gonna have to agree with The Bailey Show on WW being the "king" of the jungle. Honestly, this could probably be fixed by having guides for more junglers and pointing out the strengths and weaknesses of each jungler.

The other thing I noticed was that it looked like you were trying to do a bit too much in one guide. Breaking things up into having a general/jungleing on Treeline guide, and then doing a series of champion specific guides will most likely make it easier to get your message across in a clearer fashion.

As for the jungle specific, you might want to point out that it is advantageous to have a fairly flexible jungle route for a few reasons:
1. If you start at a non-buff camp, you only have a 50% chance that it will give you level 2. This determines how early you can gank effectively with some/most junglers. It also has an effect on how fast you clear subsequent camps.
2. it is not uncommon for you to be ganked or counter-jungled. As such you need to be able to deal with it and adapt.
3. Jungleing vs a team that had a jungler, a team that is not jungling and a team that is pseudo-jungling are all different experiences.

infinite azure

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bailey Show View Post
Not bad. You should add timers for the other camps (4 min for red, 3 min for green/grey buffs, 75 seconds for small camps? - not sure about last one).

I have to disagree with WW being the "king" of the jungle. I rarely see him in 3s honestly. He's probably 7th or 8th best at the moment (Lee, Udyr, GP, Noc, XZ, Trundle > Cho/Nunu/Shaco/WW/J4/Ram, or something like that). Nothing wrong with a section about WW and a mini-guide though, but do try to avoid opinion.
He plays a lot of ww on treeline, thus miniguide, but more sections should be added for other junglers when he has time, or other people want to contribute a few paragraphs for him to format.

Captain Kopp

10-07-2011

Test subject.

1. For the 50/50 chance, if the small camp is wolves, I just go and smite a small creep in the buff camp and im good to go.
2 and 3. I just haven't played against people that have done that so I'm looking for contributors to supplement my limited experience.

But yes, I will add more on jungle flexibility and more on ganking.

infinite azure

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Coookie View Post
Test subject.

1. For the 50/50 chance, if the small camp is wolves, I just go and smite a small creep in the buff camp and im good to go.
2 and 3. I just haven't played against people that have done that so I'm looking for contributors to supplement my limited experience.
Indeed dedicated jungle was the bulk of what we encountered, if it's a lane-till madreds jungle they never made it before we already got the first dragon.

But half jungle can be played so differently, it's really hard to predict.

TestSubject41

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Coookie View Post
Test subject.

But yes, I will add more on jungle flexibility and more on ganking.
I actually had never thought of going a smiting a small creep from the buff camp. My jungle just got a lot more effective!

Although, in hindsight, if a gold ranked TT player missed that kind of thing, I can guarantee you that there are A LOT of people who don't know it either.

Let me know if you have any questions/would like me or anyone else to help and contribute.

BRAVEYpl0x

10-07-2011

Omg. So many shiny badges in one thread. Thanks a whole lot all of you. Great guide Evil Cookie.

I really like where this is going... My TT is gunna improve soo much :P

Thanks again and keep posting!