What is the total number of players online for LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

edwinlam88

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2010

I've been trying to figure it out, but what is the total number of players online for league of legends? I just came over here from HoN and I know they say player online at the top, but i haven't been able to figure out how many ppl play league of legends.

Also, what exactly is the penalty for dodging queue?

WarMammoth

06-10-2010

The penalty for queue dodging is 3 minutes the first time, then 10 minutes the second time, and it resets after some number of hours which I can't recall.

There is no way to currently know the total number of players online.

edwinlam88

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2010

alright thanks. i wonder how it compares to HoN.

got321321

06-10-2010

13693 pLAYERS ONLINE ON US SERVER
5104 PLAYERS ONLINE ON EU SERVER

S Apexy

06-10-2010

This is from Xfire:
12,872 users playing each day - League of Legends. #4
4,444 users playing each day - Heroes of Newerth. #10

Of course this is hardly accurate. This could merely prove that a lot of Heroes of Newerth players do not use Xfire. Last I was online in Heroes of Newerth, around 20,000 players were online.

Mr Wang Fire

06-10-2010

OP asks: Community! What's the xfire say about the population level?
Community: It's oooovveerrrrr 9000!!!!!!!
OP: okay thank you

And that is what I saw in my eyes.

Sparro

06-10-2010

well there was someone who watched charts and stuff from like 15 diffent sites that track players and ever since hon was released lol has been around triple if not more players then HON

this was a while ago tho but its probley gotten worse theres a few people who have recruited 500+ people and one guy did the what was that 5k+ ? so theres a LOT of people on LoL =/

And after season one comes out a lot of people who have quit of the months will probley come back so expect it to jump then too

Tarion

06-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haasth View Post
This is from Xfire:
12,872 users playing each day - League of Legends. #4
4,444 users playing each day - Heroes of Newerth. #10

Of course this is hardly accurate. This could merely prove that a lot of Heroes of Newerth players do not use Xfire. Last I was online in Heroes of Newerth, around 20,000 players were online.
What I think you -can- assume is that similar proportions of people use X-fire in each. Which would indicate that LoL has roughly 3 times the active players, which isn't surprising considering its free :P

Also, I don't think that counts the EU players.

Anyway, expect new numbers in the next month or two. Probably in a Season 1 press announcement, if I had to guess. Last interview I read, it was mentioned that they were close to/had just surpassed a major landmark.

EDIT: Also, I'd be willing to guess that LoL has vastly more registered users than daily users. While HoN is still newly out of Beta (So if you're playing it, you've paid for it) LoL is more casual-friendly in the sense that you can register, download, play one game and forget it for a month. Generally, you wouldn't do that if you'd paid $30 for it.

rorage

04-12-2011

From my calculations they have at least 3 million regular players in the US alone.

Narnaug

04-14-2011

looking at the number of player names with at least 10 matches on www.lolbase.net gives you this numbers:
US: ~ 370700 (+- 500)
EU: ~ 357000 (+-500)

if we assume that on both servers the number of people uploading their log files is the same, we get that US is not so much bigger then EU.

So please stop ignoring server stability in the EU!