Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kog'Maw is dumb. Really really dumb. I haven't lost a game in forever dumb.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xin Kaishek

10-07-2011

Don't ban Kog cuz I play as him. kthx

BigDaddyDelish

10-07-2011

Kog is really good on Dominion, but I wouldn't say he's ban worthy.

If he's picked, he is pretty easily counter-picked by anyone with substantial burst and gap closing potential (aka assassins). Akali is a good example of someone who counters him. LeBlanc, Talon, and Poppy also make his life a living hell.

Yeah he does have the longest range in the game, and he's a hyper carry. But he's also a super squishy ranged carry with no escape, even with some defensive hp heavy items. Put him against someone like Xin'Zhao or Irelia and he has a MUCH harder time doing what he does best.

Señor Pancho

10-07-2011

he is a better ban than shaco and heimer IMO. probably on par with kassadin.

Sykil

10-07-2011

Kog is pretty good in Dom if you play your cards right. Hard to kill what you can't see.

EpicMadness

10-07-2011

kog's main nemesis are kass, akali, jax, tryndamere, poppy, leona.

kass - bursts you down in seconds, you cant outrun a kass but he can outrun you.
akali - bursts you down in seconds, you cant outrun an akali though akali doesn't have any sure-escape mechanism.
jax - your attacks makes him more deadlier though theres a counter for that, he'll leap at you till you die.
tryndamere - plain and simple, you cant run away from him by normal means nor can you kill him before you get killed by him.
poppy - invulnerable trick, stuns you when you're in a bad position, can even one-hit you with DFG + devastating blow, try outrunning a poppy with shurelyas.
leona - one of the tanks that can kill you with the minimum chance of dying, perma stun anyone?

note: these are when they're on the same level as you are, but if they're quite a no-good then you'll have a happy time eating them all day.

shaitara

10-07-2011

I could say the same of lee sin

The blind Monkie

Tetryon

10-07-2011

If the enemy team leaves Kog alone then yes he can easily faceroll Dominion. He is however countered incredibly hard by assassins with gap closers (Talon instagib anyone?) so I don't think he's ban worthy. There are far more broken champs to ban than the hungry monster

DarkDestiny

10-07-2011

Kog is good until you get with in range of him then hes dead fish. He just does really well because everyone plays tanky dps and he is a hard counter to tanky dps and anyone really with decent hp pools.

Metalicz

10-07-2011

Kog is best in the bottom lane I feel. He can easily get farm and items and harass out most other champs early game. His ult pretty much makes enemies trying to cap your bot tower hopeless cuz you can stand near halfway to enemy bot and still deny caps.

For items I usually get Berserk Greaves always, Phantom Dancer always, Frozen mallet always, and then other items I would get are Wit's End, the new madreds, IE, new bloodthirster... stuff like that. haven't really found a champion I can't just easily melt with Kog. Bot lane usually makes it easy to see if ganks are coming and its easy to just counter cap if people over commit by sending just 1 extra person bot and usually with exhaust and ghost you can take out both people o.o.

Kog just does some silly things in Dominion.

ooo Sick Boy ooo

10-07-2011

Kogmaw does NOT have the longest range in the game, its Twitch