Kog'Maw is dumb. Really really dumb. I haven't lost a game in forever dumb.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whimble

10-06-2011

And thats really the thing, isn't it. The easy items put him in a very low risk, high reward situation. Heck, Even if I do overstep my bounds and get caught, I can still take out the two people who survived with my passive. I am finding it hard to think of him as balanced.

Whimble

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMithron View Post
The dumb one here is you for getting Malady on him
Making fun of Malady was so 15 patches ago.

Hozartis

10-06-2011

I must be reaching higher Elo, because whenever I play Kogmaw, I need to play on point the entire time. When you fight players that:

1. Know Kog'maw does insane damage if you let him.
2. Dies relatively quickly if you rush him.

then they do just that. Whenever I enter the fight with Kog, they drop everything and come straight after me. It's actually quite flattering to know I'm so important.

Most teams also counterpick with Talon, Kassadin, Katarina, and anyone else who teleports, lays a smack down, and GTFO. I had one Kog'maw cry OP about Poppy because I one-shotted him with a charge, DB, and Deathfire grasp.

FDru

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozartis View Post
1. Know Kog'maw does insane damage if you let him.
It's kind of hard to not "let him", when he has the highest range in the game.

Quote:
2. Dies relatively quickly if you rush him.
Relatively? As in, relative to how fast he can mow down bruisers and tanks while face tanking them with zero defense items?

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

I don't get this post. was no one else playing ? I've won and lost quite a few with Kog, but Kog has no ability that counters a bad team. period.

WhiteAndMilky

10-06-2011

Kogmaw is an easy kill, people are just afraid of him so they don't focus him. I've played against a kog in the last 4 games of mine, with me as TF, and they all got wrecked.

TouchinMyself

10-06-2011

Just about any champ with a gap closer or solid stun can really destroy kog. He relies on that range and ability to kite.

Part of why he is so strong in dominion is that 2 of his biggest counters are perma banned. Jax and Akali can tear him to pieces.

grantneodude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2011

I actually routinely tear Akali apart after about the 10-15 minute mark depending on other factors. Jax on the other had I can agree with you there. If he gets a stun from a minion or a bad teammate, I'm dead even with SotD.

He's very strong, but Rammus scares me, and any team set up with high base damage is a threat. If a team is set up to win before 15 min or so, they can usually accomplish that unless my team is able to D hard.

Whimble

10-06-2011

Like I said, I'm glad if you can personally kill him, but in the draft mode dominion, his biggest counters are never allowed. I have won so many games in a row now I have lost count. I would love to meet people who know what they are doing, but obviously most of the LoL player base is content with letting some guy rain spit on them from a distance. Maybe if I keep playing, my win ratio will get high enough so that I only play against the tip top pro people and the problem will fix itself, but these last couple of days have been dumb, as stated in the title of the thread.

Krom

10-07-2011

Kog is very much ban worthy on Dominion, yes.

Does he need to be nerfed? No... FFS.

Anyway, smart Kogs make a Frozen Mallet at some point before the very end of the game. Half of what makes a champion squishy is their build, people should know that by now.