Speedy Janna, or support in dominion in general

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rumples

Senior Member

10-07-2011

And your still assuming she builds squishy. your not even listening to what people are saying.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KommunistKevin

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Because Janna's only form of cc is her W!
Yeah what are you going to do? poke uselessly with Q, while he just dodges and continues capping?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KommunistKevin

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumples View Post
And your still assuming she builds squishy. your not even listening to what people are saying.
Thats not the point, your argument has now shifted to, BUILD TANKY so 1 person can't dive you!

Why build tank janna over say tank xin zhao? Or even tank leona

What in Janna's kit makes her a good defender?

why send tank janna to defend bot over tank alistar or leona or xin zhao?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rumples

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Its not a matter of being the best defender. its

1) good buff for phys champs
2) decent defender
3) gets around the map quick
4) can kite the **** out of people

your taking one scenario that best fits your argument and calling it a day. a champ is a package deal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karazu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Supporting in dominion is completly different than the oneon SR. Normally in sr, your job is to set the enemy champ on a silver plate for your carry. But in dominion, if you can keep the attention of 2 or 3 enemy champs on you, thn you are "supporting" your win making easier for the carries and pushers do their job.

I think it a complete turn around for support players and champs, since you have to change you mind set and gameplay (IE. Its like you tell an ad ranged carry to get some ap becouse math says that in a new game mode its better, at first he/she will doubt about you, then he/she will see and understand that you were rigth.).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KommunistKevin

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumples View Post
Its not a matter of being the best defender. its

1) good buff for phys champs
2) decent defender
3) gets around the map quick
4) can kite the **** out of people

your taking one scenario that best fits your argument and calling it a day. a champ is a package deal.
1) good buff for phys champs

Why Buff? in a teamfight you wills till lose due to less dps

2) decent defender

Nope poor defender, cannot really clear mass waves of minions, cannot really defend unless built really tanky but then EVERY champ can defend well when built very tanky, little to no hard spammable CC (like leona's Q) or sustain or tankiness to buy time for teammates

3) gets around the map quick

16% movespeed bonus when Zephyr is NOT on cooldown? Gangplank, miss fortune, Teemo, Singed etc... all have more speed and are all more useful in fights and are better defenders

4)can kite the **** out of people

Maybe you can kite olaf or poppy or yorick, pretty much every tanky dps that you will be facing has a gap closer 600 or greater, one hit from that frozen mallet and you are a goner. You CAN'T kite when they have the same range as you.

Xin Zhao = 650
Katarina = 700
Jax = 700
Akali = 800
Talon = 700
Wukong = 625
Irelia = 650

Janna tempest range = 600

Gangplank will just oranges your zephyr and rape you with his superior movespeed


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PriorityOne

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
Ryze's range and mobility are **** compared to Janna's. If Ryze loses a point, he's going to die in the process. If Janna loses a point odds are she got away and can simply retreat for a bit to regroup. Most supports work more like high mobility nukers on Crystal Scar than pure support characters.

Most of the basic mistakes i see support players do is trying to get away with building no damage + Priscilla's Blessing which is stupid.
What a terrible counterpoint.

Ryze has less range/mobility than Janna? Thank you Captain Obvious.

That's not why you pick Ryze. Ryze's ability to crush a lot of common Dominion picks whether attacking or defending is why you pick him. Your point about Ryze losing a tower is silly. If Ryze loses a tower, it's that the enemy team brought a lot of people because if you send one person to duel Ryze on a tower he owns that person is going to die. Janna not so much. And if the enemy brought enough people to throw Ryze off a tower then they brought enough people to chase Janna away too.

I've seen tanky Janna poke and harass people trying to take a tower. I've seen her team lose the fight that ensues when they try to re-capture the tower. I've seen AP Janna fly around giving people shields and being a "high mobility nuker" but die to an Akali who pushed R more than once and an Evelynn who killed her from full to 0 in under a second.

Are there worse picks? Sure. Are there better picks? Tons.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1429332aa9b633

Senior Member

10-07-2011

I played against a speedy Janna tonight.
It was annoying at first, but in the end we won, because she couldn't capture a point alone and we defended.
I think Rammus is more annoying than Janna, because he can still deal damage...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rumples

Senior Member

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KommunistKevin View Post
1) good buff for phys champs

Why Buff? in a teamfight you wills till lose due to less dps

2) decent defender

Nope poor defender, cannot really clear mass waves of minions, cannot really defend unless built really tanky but then EVERY champ can defend well when built very tanky, little to no hard spammable CC (like leona's Q) or sustain or tankiness to buy time for teammates

3) gets around the map quick

16% movespeed bonus when Zephyr is NOT on cooldown? Gangplank, miss fortune, Teemo, Singed etc... all have more speed and are all more useful in fights and are better defenders

4)can kite the **** out of people

Maybe you can kite olaf or poppy or yorick, pretty much every tanky dps that you will be facing has a gap closer 600 or greater, one hit from that frozen mallet and you are a goner. You CAN'T kite when they have the same range as you.

Xin Zhao = 650
Katarina = 700
Jax = 700
Akali = 800
Talon = 700
Wukong = 625
Irelia = 650

Janna tempest range = 600

Gangplank will just oranges your zephyr and rape you with his superior movespeed
its pretty obvious you've hardly played janna at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abyss Crown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-07-2011

I'm going to make my points short and swift, because I'm done with arguing people like you have no idea how Dominion works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KommunistKevin View Post
Explain how Sona/Janna/Soraka can divert/kite or backdoor.
I never claimed they did. I have no idea where you got that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KommunistKevin View Post
The moment any of these champions leave the point, if the other team has a stealth champ like evelynn, twitch Sona/Janna/Soraka are dead.
I'm pretty sure you have this hard-on for stealth champs being so great because you play Eve. Stop it. I've never been stopped by Eve. Never. Ever. And don't give me that ****, "Well you've never played against a good one".


Quote:
Originally Posted by KommunistKevin View Post
If they have Akali, also instant death.
How? Last time I checked I can build MR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KommunistKevin View Post
If a tanky dps comes to your tower, its gone, they will dive you and kill you or send you packing, turrets are extremely weak. If you were Xin Zhao defending against Jax, if Jax even attempted to take the tower, Jax would die 100%. If you were Janna, Jax just pushes with minions and zones you. So Xin Zhao is a better defender than Janna, while also being able to assault towers.
This. This proves my point that you do not know how to function with a champion on Dominion. Glass cannons or glass anythings do not work. A player that builds and plays properly on Dom VASTLY destroys a champion that builds as if they're on SR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KommunistKevin View Post
If a teamfight happens with equal numbers on both sides, also instant loss for your team

Sorry but Xin Zhao/Jax/Akali is going to roflstomp Jax/Akali/Janna
Really? Last time I played with a tanky Nid on Dom, we absolutely destroyed the other team in both the objective and team fights. So I don't where your "numbers" come from.

Um, no? Fights don't happen based on MAETHEEMATUCS. It depends on the players, to a degree. Just pitting three DPS champions up against two DPS and a support does not mean they will win because they have more DPS. Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KommunistKevin View Post
Killing is the most important since 1 free kill on the other team is a guaranteed windmill
I'm sorry, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KommunistKevin View Post
Backdooring doesn't work, just like how it doesn't really work on SR its pretty much pushing without a ward

Hey I have 200 games of dominion, i used to think it was about backdooring, I played rammus/eve/teemo bought priscillas and backdoored nonstop and always got number 1 but yet i lost almost every game because the other team just used the defend 3 strategy. Whatever team gets the windmill wins, simple as that.
I don't care if you have 1000 games of Dominion. I've looked at your match history, you're nothing special. Not to mention, buying Priscilla doesn't make you viable at BDing automatically.

Also, if you were always getting number one, but ALWAYS losing, then that's your fault. Once again, I'll repeat myself, you do not understand how this mode functions. In fact, how anything functions. Not everything is black and white. Just because I say, "backdooring is effective," does not mean I backdoor 24/7 and ignore fights altogether. Are you even reading what people are saying? Or just glaring over them and coming up some response?

Again, this is the last time I'm responding to you. You, like many other horrible players, have some weird-ass Deathmatch mind set. You view everything as black and white, and do not understand the concept of on the spot strategizing and coordinating. You'd be the person while someone is being chased 1v4 to, instead of taking the chance to cap a node nearby, run around in the jungle like an ass.

Given your statement that, "whoever controls the windmill wins," proves to me how bad you are at this mode. Yes, the Windmill is a very influential node to control, but it does not mean automatic victory.

P.S. Stealth champions on Dominion aren't godlike as you are subtly claiming. In fact, Evelynn is absolutely useless against my Gragas build. The only usefulness a stealth champion has that comes to mind quickly would be Twitch with his ult when pushing a node. Other then that, they're easily replaceable.