Thornmail: The secret is out!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prometheius

10-06-2011

Last Whisper. I've dueled a Rammus at a neutral turret. Both full geared. He had TMail. I had Last Whisper + Sanguine.

Guess who wins.

BadgerBarrage

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Threepwood View Post
Thornmail returns magic damage to. Cho'Gath couple of stacks, warmogs, thornmail. Kog is now taking out half his own health per hit. YAY!
Though if he goes and buys a Wit's End it goes a decent way towards combating this.

Melvear

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Every armor item > thornmail. Armor without HP backing it is completely worthless.
Yeah, making your base HP worth twice as much is completely worthless

Strange little world you live in.

Fluffdelgato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

wat if rammus has sunfires thornmail warmogs aegis randuins? then getti nthornmail is usless

anyways idk why i said but il try thornmail

ViashinoWizard

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffdelgato View Post
wat if rammus has sunfires thornmail warmogs aegis randuins? then getti nthornmail is usless

Then you ignore him until everyone else is dead.

Melvear

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffdelgato View Post

If rammus is getting all those, I sure hope he's against 5 AD cause he's gonna get murdered by any ap

Duskofdead

10-06-2011

Thornmail is usually a bad attempt by someone like a Vayne to stop someone like a Tryndamere from destorying her if he gets right on top of her.

Real men (err, tanks) use stuff like Randuin's and Frozen Heart, since these produce side effects like attack speed slowing and such which help your team around you.

Tritotamar

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViashinoWizard View Post
ITT: The sun rises in the east.
Not when you're playing Minecraft.

Terrog

10-06-2011

Thornmail is amazing vs ad heavy teams. Dominion requires planning and forthought just like any other game that includes counters. If their comp is bad take advantage.

Melvear

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskofdead View Post
Thornmail is usually a bad attempt by someone like a Vayne to stop someone like a Tryndamere from destorying her if he gets right on top of her.

Real men (err, tanks) use stuff like Randuin's and Frozen Heart, since these produce side effects like attack speed slowing and such which help your team around you.
However, considering this isn't SR and you will eventually/most of the time be 1v1, Thornmail is a very effective mix of defence and offence. Hard carries rarely get defensive items, so the damage return hits them fairly hard.

Thornmail is a bad choice against champions such as Pantheon, who rely on AD related abilities to deal their damage. You could probably count characters who build trinity in that bunch as well. In those case, Randuins would be your most effective item.