Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thornmail: The secret is out!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weirding

10-06-2011

For my last 3 games in a row almost everyone has made this incredibly efficient item. There is no cheaper way to gain a massive amount of armor, and the damage reflection is INCREDIBLE in Dominion where most fights are 1v1 or 2v2.

My last game didn't even have a lot of AD -- I was playing Udyr and there was a hybrid Kayle on my team, whereas the other team had a Nocturne, Xin Zhao, and Talon. Yet everyone except Teemo (who went AP and built glass cannon... and died a lot) made Thornmail. It was like an arms race! I got it first (directly after Trinity) then the enemy team started building it, then my team noticed that it's pretty good and made it themselves.

For the last few days I would say that Thornmail has been the most common defensive item to see people build, with the exception of Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads of course. 2000g comes really quickly, and it's a great way to not only halve incoming AD damage but to help you kill your attacker in the process.

If you haven't tried this item out yet, i highly recommend it; it's not just for Rammus anymore! It's pretty comical to watch a fast-attack AD carry kill themselves on it before they realize what is going on, and at the least it's a cheap way to get tons of AD defense when working on a character that already has an expensive build.

Ifridge

10-06-2011

thornmail has always been a really efficient, strong item

this shouldnt be news to you.

Tvor

Recruiter

10-06-2011

Yi, Pantheon, Xin, Jax and rammus against a team with 3 thornmails(Jax, Kog, Xera)+2 forgot.

Still won LOL 5 cap

ViashinoWizard

10-06-2011

ITT: The sun rises in the east.

KimKelley

10-06-2011

Frozen heart > thornmail

There, I said it.

FDru

10-06-2011

Every armor item > thornmail. Armor without HP backing it is completely worthless.

FowD8

10-06-2011

I pick up thornmail in almost everygame, both Dominion and SR, crazy efficient... i remember a game of SR i told my teamtes (while we were losing to a team of full AD carries) to sell their **** and just buy thornmail, they did, and their whole teams just ran into a brick wall and we won lol

Mr Threepwood

10-06-2011

Thornmail returns magic damage to. Cho'Gath couple of stacks, warmogs, thornmail. Kog is now taking out half his own health per hit. YAY!

larkhill

10-06-2011

just a word of warning... if ur going to build thornmail, make sure the team your up against had an AD carry...

thornmail rammus against karthus (me), xerath, singed, malph and jax is a terrible and stupid idea...

Melogrunty

10-06-2011

Not sure why all the downvotes and sarcasm to you OP. I'm glad you found out about Thornmail. It makes the Yi, GP, Try, Xin etc kill themselves. Not one person has bought Thornmail against me as Tryndamere so I'm glad someone is doing it.