Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Matchmaking and hidden elo will eventually seperate the OP from the rest

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OxBaker

10-06-2011

Think about it. With Champs like Poppy and Rammus being so far beyond the average lol champ what will eventually happen with players that dominate with those top champs is that the matchmaking system will move them to an elo level that is only shared by others who play those champs.

The reason why some of you are only seeing the same five OP champs in each match is because you also play as them and dominate and therefore over time will only be matched against others that do the same.

And if you happen to play a champ that is not in those top five and still see them all the time, count yourself skilled as your playing extremely well and are now regularly matched against all those less skilled players who dominate by playing OP champs.

I'm neither over skilled nor do I play one of those top few champs so I tend to still be matched against a greater variety of champs.

Knowledge is Power...

ArajTheSummoner

10-06-2011

I've never played with any of the "OP" champs at all since dominion was released, and after 65 games, I still have over a 60% win rate. Maybe I've just been lucky with allies, I've had a really solid team for the last 30 games or so.
Anyways, those OP champs are cool cuz they can kill a lot, but for the win, I'd much rather have a really skilled blitz on my team than a really skilled jax.

TallguyG

10-06-2011

those OP champs will get banned every game, so the noobs who only use those OP champs will never be matched with the skilled players.

Attero

Recruiter

10-06-2011

I actually see more variety in champs as I have raised my Elo, not less.

Cauldrath

10-06-2011

Quote:
ArajTheSummoner:
I've never played with any of the "OP" champs at all since dominion was released

I've seen tier lists with Yorick top tier. The meta still hasn't settled enough for people to really know which champs are OP or not. I haven't been impressed by a single Rammus, Jax, or Poppy, for instance. I just say hello with Riven and they die.

As for the OP, if you can't go up in ELO, maybe you just want to use the fact that your chosen champ is "low tier" as an excuse for why you aren't doing so well? Talon, for instance, is far from low tier.

BadgerBarrage

10-06-2011

Quote:
ArajTheSummoner:
Anyways, those OP champs are cool cuz they can kill a lot, but for the win, I'd much rather have a really skilled blitz on my team than a really skilled jax.

I would always be happy to have a really skilled Blitz on my team; I'd let a skilled Blitz replace any team member or champion on my team in any mode. They wreck face.

ViashinoWizard

10-06-2011

Quote:
Cauldrath:
I've seen tier lists with Yorick top tier. The meta still hasn't settled enough for people to really know which champs are OP or not. I haven't been impressed by a single Rammus, Jax, or Poppy, for instance. I just say hello with Riven and they die.

Riven is also considered Top Tier, actually.

Cauldrath

10-06-2011

Quote:
ViashinoWizard:
Riven is also considered Top Tier, actually.

I never said she wasn't, she's probably the absolute best overall character in Dominion for the current meta, with the only real counterpick being Kassadin and maybe Sion. I was mostly pointing out that she wrecks the people usually listed as being game breaking, even though I haven't seen a tier list that puts her in the topmost tier. Most I've seen put her in tier 2, which reinforces my point that people who make tier lists don't really know what they're talking about yet, so claiming that you are doing badly because you don't play an "OP" champ is really short-sighted and a lame excuse.

ViashinoWizard

10-06-2011

Quote:
Cauldrath:
I never said she wasn't, she's probably the absolute best overall character in Dominion for the current meta, with the only real counterpick being Kassadin and maybe Sion. I was mostly pointing out that she wrecks the people usually listed as being game breaking, even though I haven't seen a tier list that puts her in the topmost tier. Most I've seen put her in tier 2, which reinforces my point that people who make tier lists don't really know what they're talking about yet, so claiming that you are doing badly because you don't play an "OP" champ is really short-sighted and a lame excuse.

I wasn't actually arguing against your point, just saying that Riven is a bad example to use of a champion who beats "OP" champions since she herself is extremely powerful.

Yifanlol's tier list (the one with the most work put into it and thus most accurate) lists her as Tier 1, by the way.

Cauldrath

10-06-2011

I apologize, then, but it didn't originally. I check every tier list once when it's first posted, just in case they have some good ideas for character usage, unless someone redirects me to it again.