Power Picking: A Beginner's tutorial.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeddyNinja

10-10-2011

so trundle has strong jungle, I have only seen him once in a game and he didn't do so hot. Off the top of my head I'd say he is the most underplayed champ out there, interesting he would get picked.

Elephantom

10-10-2011

Very informative thread. Hopefully some of the people playing Normals Drafts won' insta-ban champs like Akali now.

manisier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2011

won't work in solo queue, but good tips for new arranged teams starting out

also worth noting that after someone picks a certain role (say they first pick vayne) then you won't have to worry about picking that role and can instead focus on getting priority strong picks like gangplank (jungle) and akali (ap) just saying. it's good practice to save your ad carry pick for last if they pick ad carry first, same goes for all the roles

Beaumains

10-11-2011

Very good guide all around - though I must take issue with your requirement of a "Ranged" Carry, as opposed to an AD carry. While melee carries are now almost extinct (thanks to Tryn's recent demotion), they still do exist, though they are generally very difficult to play effectively. Nasus is a good example of a melee hard-carry, if you can do so effectively (it's all about timing/coordination). Yi, Jax, Riven, and Gangplank are others.

Blackhandsaint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumains View Post
Very good guide all around - though I must take issue with your requirement of a "Ranged" Carry, as opposed to an AD carry. While melee carries are now almost extinct (thanks to Tryn's recent demotion), they still do exist, though they are generally very difficult to play effectively. Nasus is a good example of a melee hard-carry, if you can do so effectively (it's all about timing/coordination). Yi, Jax, Riven, and Gangplank are others.
While these characters do have strong scaling, what is sought after in a ranged carry is a twofold: threat range and threat power. None of these champions bring the requisite range into the equation. Range is important because it provides tactical flexibility in a team fight and lets your damage dealer attack from a position of safety where it is harder for the enemy to focus fire. Ranged carries, because of their long threat range, can more reasonably avoid defensive items and specialize.

deadlyzaraki1987

12-10-2012

Very informative

Key

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyzaraki1987 View Post
Very informative
Holy necro batman.

Oo SQvince oO

Master Recruiter

12-10-2012

helpful