Xerath patch: Update failed, error code 0xc1e90006

1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Overlord Forte

10-06-2011

Hello.

Since the Xerath patch has released, I have been completely unable to patch my LoL client and connect at all to the game.

The game, without failure, constantly encounters error code 0xc1e90006 when the updating bar is at 43%, step 2/2: 15%, 00:30 remaining at the file XerathMageChainsExtended.luaobj

I have tried the following:

>Run as administrator (failed)
>Reinstall completely, removing the game and getting a fresh copy from the website (failed)
>Uninstalling completely, cleaning the registry of everything, rebooting, installing the game as administrator (failed)
>Updating drivers, Internet Explorer, and patching my system in general (failed)
>Downloading older versions of prepatched clients and trying to patch them (failed)
>Reauthorizing all LoL programs through the firewall, then disabling it entirely (failed)
>Deleting the latest patch folder and redownloading it through the launcher (failed)
>Uninstalling LoL, Adobe Air, Pando Media Booster, cleaning out the registry with CCleaner, downloading the client without firewalls, installing as administrator, and patching the client without firewalls (failed)

None of the conventional means seem to work on fixing it, and googling the error code has so far shown me multiple causes with multiple solutions, none of which have worked thus far.

Help, please ?

Queen Of Dammed

10-06-2011

If you tried everything and still not working try this it works
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1327805

Overlord Forte

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Of Dammed View Post
If you tried everything and still not working try this it works
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1327805
Your method is for a different error, I think.

Here's a screen shot of my error.

Ovary

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Yup, same error :|

Lahzerahl

10-06-2011

Same for me. I reinstalled but nothing happened

synonimic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Ditto here, tried repairing, disabling p2p, and reinstalling

RageLess

10-06-2011

i got an "unspecified error" -__-

Rekmond

10-06-2011

dude, you're not alone. I get that same error. at the same file. Percentage completion differs slightly though. I've done reinstalls, disabling p2p, total reset. everything. nada.

I just wanna play a game, is that too much to ask?

Tyrion weiler

10-06-2011

Same for me.

IacobGrizzwald

10-06-2011

I did everything u did and uninstalled Pando Media Booster.... Still got the same problem. Riot... plz help your players in need

1234511 ... 15