Current Meta Thread for SR.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lava

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Lets start to get one of these going so we can update it whenever the meta shifts and we can discuss it here.

IMPORTANT EDIT!!!! - THIS IS NOT A TIER LIST. JUST A MERE LIST OF EXAMPLES OF THE CURRENT META

These will be used for both Solo queue and 5 man pre-made. Please be specific in your talks.

Current Meta:
Top Tanky - DPS / Tank / Assassin
Mid Ap Carry
Bot Support + Ranged DPS / Ranged DPS + Off - Support [Ex: Gangplank]
Jungler Tanky DPS / Tank

Good examples for top:

Akali
Irelia
Rumble
Jarvan
Gangplank
Renekton
Warwick
Udyr
Lee Sin

Good examples for middle:

Brand
Annie
Morgana
Anivia
Orianna
Kassadin

Good Examples for bottom:

Caitlyn + Taric
Ashe + Soraka
Caitlyn + Gangplank
Vayne + Taric

Good Examples for Jungle:

Lee Sin
Warwick
Shaco
Rammus

Lava

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Decided to make my second post a counter to the current meta. Common but not enough popular to change the meta entirley.

Top Counter Example:

Any Assassian
Garen
2 Champion Top combo with Cho Gath 1 v 2 bottom.

Mid Counters Example:

Akali (From how i have played her, please discuss if you think otherwise)
Talon
Panth

Bottom Counter Example:

Brand + Taric

If you want me to add anything else please just post with good feedback.

Captain Baylife

10-06-2011

Talon should be added to the solo top list. People also need to realize that as much as the meta is in place, there is a strong need to counter pick the meta. I.e. putting Talon mid, Brand + Taric bot to demolish, etc.

Restorations

10-06-2011

Garen should be in "good examples for top" solo, if theres a jungler.

Svetsunov

10-06-2011

Good thread idea

TildeMerand

10-07-2011

I like your wording for the champions.

EXAMPLES.

I hope everyone notices that and doesn't start a champion belongs in X lane flamewar

Arizel

10-07-2011

I'd Argue that Mantheon(Pantheon) is a good counter to the mid champions except for anivia. He is an AD caster and deals a lot of damage to casters because of poor armor scaling and even less armor building choices for casters. If you need proof, look at my pre season 2 match history. I've only lost one game with pantheon in ranked thus far.

Lava

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizel View Post
I'd Argue that Mantheon(Pantheon) is a good counter to the mid champions except for anivia. He is an AD caster and deals a lot of damage to casters because of poor armor scaling and even less armor building choices for casters. If you need proof, look at my pre season 2 match history. I've only lost one game with pantheon in ranked thus far.
Yea iv seen panth go mid a few times. Problem is if the caster is good enough he just won't be aggressive at all and wait till laneing phase to be over to catch up.

Guntermench

10-07-2011

Kayle solo top is a decent pick if you plan on ending the game quickly, since she isn't as good late game as some other champions but her early/mid game is pretty good. I play Normals atm so i can't really speak for Ranked play but I find she does well top because if the other team has no Jungler she is one of the champions that is almost completely unaffected by it. With her E she can farm both safely and effectively, her W gives her good sustain and an escape, and Q can be used to harass or to escape ganks.

Take from this what you will.

Bones446

10-07-2011

First of all, lol.... A gold badge person knowing this little about what champs to pick...?Anyway...
-Singed, talon, and garen aren't listed as top laners? lol? <---especially good in duo queue.
-If you're talking about counters to mid, move kassadin from good mid laner to counter to mid.
-Your jungle list makes me want to slap you. Shaco IS NOT a good example for a jungler. He is soooo bad compared to anyone else that can jungle...Replace him with nocturne and/or udyr.
-You can't counter bot if you are facing people who know how to play. If you go really far out of your way to counter bot lane as someone going bot, you're probably just going to get underfarmed and fall behind while their AD carry is getting healed back to full health. All you can do is outplay their bottom lane + jungler.(Again, that's if the opponents aren't ******ed and know how to play)
This is all true for both duo queue and 5s.