3 Tanks with Revive / Fort

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waxor X

10-06-2011

We played against a team that ran 3 tanks (Alistar, Ramus and Taric) and they all had Revive and Fort.

It seemed silly at first, but holy cow did they execute it well. They were all super hard to kill, and had plenty interrupts, stuns and a taunt. After mid game, it became impossible for us to push a lane. Even if we got some of them down and they would just revive and come back to the fight. At one point, we killed Ramus and hwe was back to the fight before my cooldowns were back up!

Pushing turrets was nearly impossible. Their 3 forts made it hard, but then ramus would fly across the map and use his ult to clear the minions.

Anyway. Hats off to you guys.

Gobbles

10-06-2011

I've been wanting to use this on SR!

Mestaaja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

After mid game? How long exactly did this match last? And why did you let it last so long? What did you do during the agonizingly long period when their summoner spells were on cd? You said you could kill them but then they just came back with revive? Then you waited for 8 minutes before trying to kill them again or?
I'm sorry but I just don't see how this could be viable in any way...

CaliOGkush

10-06-2011

That's because you have no clue how to play then.

3 good players on tanks, 2 of them with HEALS, taric has an armor aura a stun and damage aura, , they have a stun, a knockback, and a taunt.

GL killing them at all, they'll tear you apart.

Waterhero

Recruiter

10-06-2011

that is a terrible team to play easily countered. who jungled..alistar?

Glaedren

10-06-2011

Three tank smite/revive is pretty messed up too. If I remember right it was me and my buddies vs Rammus Amumu and Nunu (Nunu may not be a straight tank but he's tough as one and his slow might as well be a stun for all you can do). Between 3 smites and Nunu's Q we never had a CHANCE at picking up an important jungle mob.

And unless we wanted to throw someone under the bus, we could never escape a team fight. They'd pick one person and that person could never get away unless in a strategic position for Flash. So no matter what it was basically 2v3 every team fight. And if we killed Rammus or Nunu between Revive and their speed buffs they were back out before we got anyone else to half health.

It was freakin' insane. We lost horribly. Just did not know how to deal with that.

HEXXEN9x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

kogmaw, akali, and swain/trundle. i love playing kogmaw .

kogmaw for the massive range and dps.

akali to keep them guessing, bursting, and keeping koggy alive to keep killing

swain or trundle to tank and slow and set up unavoidable enemy deaths.

you would end up with a team that steals life and once built correctly can dish out insane constant damage.

if cogmaw builds crit gear with wits end and hextech gunblade he will heal from the massive AP damage and crit small bursts for extra healing ^>^.

Ive had tanks trying to solo me with no magic resist when we were both low on life and after 3 sec he/she realizes i wanted him to do that for me to get a free kill xD

CaliOGkush

10-06-2011

the flaw with the above post is that all of them are squishie piles of trash.

Target kog first, he goes down in seconds, then move on to akali who gets raped quickly, then trundle or swain. Magic resist should be obvious, but all those guys get raped when they get stunned.

WindScorpion

10-06-2011

I'm excited to give this a try. In blind pick, of course.

Ghonosyph

10-06-2011

3 tank TT is nothing new. The only thing that REALLY destroys you is having 2 burst dmg dps in your lane and constant early harass... The problem with 3 tank TT is that you need to build heavy dmg early via runes /early items before you build tanky, so that you can deal enough dmg to get a kill.... vs anyone with a sustained heal/burst you're not gonna really be successful. Trynd-> you better hope to god he's got crappy luck with crits, if he decides to up and kill you and is successful, 2 kills is all it takes for you to lose the game, at this point he's got his zeal and boots 2 and you're never ever gonna kill him. catch him, or stop his farm... game over.

lol with all that being said, every time i've tried 3 tank TT i've not lost lol... Singed alistar malphite, amumu, singed leona works well too.