Most Common Bans

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fizzle Jysics

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Out of curiosity, what are the most common bans you see in ranked 3s? Any ELO is welcome and perhaps a posting of 3s ELO to see possibly diversity.

Ever since the reset the bans have had an oddball here and there, but before I commonly saw:

Singed, Lee Sin, Jax, Nunu [not as of recently], Morde [not as of recently], Tryn, Udyr, Xin Zhao, Warwick [rarely]

Additionally, what picks do you normally see after the bans are through? [Not on your above list]

Rumble, Renekton, Nocturne, Garen, Akali

I finished up 1523 ELO with a max at 166X

Saiyushu

10-06-2011

Singed and Lee Sin are always banned. The rest are all a bit scattered.

I'm seeing a lot of Akali first picks lately. Of course my team counter picks accordingly. I don't see where people get the idea that she's overpowered and should be first picked. She's only overpowered if the team she's against is unorganized and makes poor picks. (you don't pick kog maw if you see an enemy akali, likewise, if they first pick akali, pick renekton and you auto win lane)

Rupture

10-06-2011

I make sure Lee and Singed are banned every game. Talon makes the list if lee and singed alrdy banned.

infinite azure

10-06-2011

lee, singed, garen ...

garen... dorans blade x 3 -> IE, so strong.

I just got to gold with a team at the end of the season, and really wish I could play more... but our 3rd quit/hates TT

Most times saw things like udyr, gangplank, mord, yorick, xin...

Kennen zapzapzaped them all.

Ansen

10-06-2011

Singed, Lee Sin, and Jax are probably the most common. Next wave would probably be Trynd, Udyr, Akali, and maybe Garen. I'm pretty sure we've won every game where Singed wasn't banned and we got him (and lost every one where we stupidly gambled that they wouldn't take him w/ the first pick -- won't do that anymore).

We just started playing 3's pretty recently, but we're around 1400.

BaBeeQ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Lee and Singed I rest my case

lord kratos

10-06-2011

After lee and singed you don't need any bans.

Rewben2

10-07-2011

Without a doubt Lee and Singed. Talon, Garen and Jax are also commonly banned.

kavinh the third

10-07-2011

singed and sometimes shaco

John Madden

Recruiter

10-07-2011

If you have 2nd pick, you can take two approaches. Ban Lee and Singed outright, or first-ban another champion (ex: Garen) and see what the other team bans. If they ban one random champion and one of Lee or Singed, use the last ban accordingly to get rid of the other. If they ban neither Lee or Singed, let them first pick whichever they prefer and grab the other champion. Only use this if your team is very comfortable with both Lee and Singed, fighting with or against them. Many teams actually have mediocre Singed players and you can often win your lane and snowball vs. them, since they are used to "maining" other champs.

Conditional bans: Rumble, Garen, Renekton, Akali, Morgana, Udyr, Jax

Rare bans: Kennen, Gragas, Trynd, Talon, Cho, Nocturne