Winning Streaks -> Losing Streaks.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skades

Recruiter

10-06-2011

Went on a 12 game winning streak.
Now counting 4 of my 5 past ranked games I've had..
3 leavers (3 seperate games)
2 people refusing to talk/feeding (same game)
How can I change my luck or do I just have to just wait until Riot stops ****ing me over.

ColossusCrusher

10-06-2011

It's a cycle. Just keep trying. Recently my match history was 1-9 and I was really annoyed about it, and then I won a bunch of games, but now I might be going back to the downswing.

Zutani

10-06-2011

I am currently on a winning streak, so I'm guessing I'm going to start losing today.

clerica

10-06-2011

This is why I hate winning streaks, because I know theres a losing streak right after

Wunderbar

10-06-2011

The only way to do well at games with any kind of consistency is to do premades. The matchmaking system just sucks. Seriously. I won 5 games in a row (or was it more) one time and then the people on my team for the next 5 games ended up being worse than they were 5 games ago.

They wouldn't pick a good comp, they weren't even trying to win, etc. This is normal draft, not ranked, so I doubt you guys would have quite as much of a problem with it. Hopefully people that actually do ranked want to win every time. I just find it hilarious that people that are on my team AFTER a set of wins are WORSE even though they're supposedly in my elo or higher.

And yes normal queue has elo.

<rant>
... and no, I'm not going to "carry the ****" out of my team (even moreso because it's normal draft). If you have to be THAT much better than everyone AT your elo to win at your elo... what's the point of the elo system? Supposedly you should have a 50/50 chance to win from the start, so if you just keep consistently playing well, you should tip the scales well enough in your team's favor. Why is "being a one man army" the answer to the matchmaking system? It's a good reason as to why I'm not bothering with Ranked...

To be honest solo queue is always random. Elo means nothing. Every person on your team? Yeah they can all suck and have been carried for 5 games in a row somehow, and ended up on your team at the same time. >_>

Skades

Recruiter

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunderbar View Post
This is normal draft, not ranked, so I doubt you guys would have quite as much of a problem with it. Hopefully people that actually do ranked want to win every time
I've seriously found ranked worse than normals..

The Specia1ist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

same here it is getting kinda ridicules where you win some games and then all of the sudden you end up losing everything. since the new season my highest was like 1350 which is where it was for a long time then all of the sudden BOOM i was down to 1050 in the same week because of leavers feeders and all so to all of you that beleive that elo hell does not exist its you guys elo are sitting pretty in your high elo where you dont care lol.

Brawny Hooves

10-06-2011

Soon as you hit a loss in ranked: quit for the night. Or take a small break. 2 losses, stop for at least a day, play some normals, make sure you aren't getting upset.

Ultimate Noob Na

10-07-2011

You will never stay within ~30 points of your elo. It will always act as a sinusoidal axis once you have played enough games to be near it. Sometimes you will fly over and sometimes you will fly under, if there is no significant improvement in your gameplay the axis will be in about the same spot.

DrunkenTank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2011

i know how you feel happens to me all the time what i do is just stop playing for a day and you wont feel like your on a losing streak when you start again the next day.