So how exactly is Purple at a disadvantage?

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slifty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

The only functional difference in the game I can think of is:

1) The fact that blue top lane is purple bottom lane (one has a tower protecting the back entrance + a bush on the opposing side.)

2) Dragon is bottom, Baron is top

I won't claim who has the advantage or disadvantage, but one lane setup is potentially harder to gank than the other, and whichever team has that lane on bottom will have an advantage because being close to dragon + being able to gank and put more pressure = more likely to be able to dragon

Rigglethor

10-06-2011

It's an issue with purple's camera angle. As for what problems it causes exactly i don't remember but they are more important than screwing you up if you play locked camera >_>.

L Flare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

when I started Playing this game around MF release I had my camera locked 24/7 . its a bad habit i never seem to let go

Grandarc

10-06-2011

I think it also has to deal with jungle creep spawns and buff locations. I actually think red is in a better location for top mid ganks on the purple side. They also ward baron safer.

Bobby

10-06-2011

U also cant give ur bot lane carry red.. Its a big advantage

Miltrivd

10-06-2011

camera angle for locked camera players (more than you might think, almost every player that hasn't played strategy games before uses this) and field of vision, since the minimap size can't be adjusted, you got a worse field of vision from purple side.

Ayestes

10-06-2011

To me it's the jungle and buff locations.

Red is easily accessible to your bottom lane in the AD/Support meta and Blue is available to the top lane which can often use the mana regen very effectively IF the mid lane doesn't want it. It can make a huge difference with red mostly however, since the AD carry popping into the lane at level 3 with a red buff is... silly good. Plus the AD Carries can usually farm the golems at 1:40 and they will spawn in time for the jungler anyway.

Ridley

10-06-2011

Blue side has an easier time approaching Dragon from the Jungle, ganks are also different on each side due to the Jungle.

In short the true advantage/disadvantage lies from Jungle Creeps + position of Baron and Dragon.

Dragull

10-06-2011

Purple is better, allows easier Dragon control and it is harder for the bottom lane to get ganked.

Tyhan

10-06-2011

I felt blue used to be at a disadvantage, and I remember the winrates for purple being higher. The camera angle is more awkward for blue because it's easier to understand hitboxes on skillshots coming from below you than it is when they're coming from above you. Tower range appears so much higher on the blue towers than on the purple towers also because of camera angle.

Also baron used to be at the back of his cage making purple able to smite over the wall. While that's not true anymore, now dragon has been changed so it can't be disabled, but purple can still pull it out of its cage into the river which is a very powerful advantage in dragon control for purple, while if blue does that it doesn't benefit them in any way.

123456 ... 11