So how exactly is Purple at a disadvantage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Si11yPutty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2011

Has anyone ever tried to aim in Goldeneye 64? That's how playing free-cam feels to me, freaking thing jumps if you so much as nudge the edge of your screen.

"BLAHBLAHBLAH global ults and map awareness"

Press Y click on minimap.

"BLAHBLAH noobs can't RTS"

I only have to deal with one character, RTS's actually require looking at multiple units and base production.

And then there's the matter of the HUD, red-buff handoff, dragon/baron spawn.

But you elitist free-cam people don't want anyone to be happy, even if a simple solution is to simply flip the camera or HUD, you act as if we are personally attacking you and your free-camera lifestyle, yet if they changed this, you would not feel any change and others would feel a significant change.

Jothki

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDISK 2GB View Post
Red buff for blue is super close to bot lane. This makes it easy for your jungler to give his red to your bot lane carry/support. However, on Purple side, you have the blue buff you can feed to your bottom lane champs. With the current meta, most junglers who don't need either (Lee Sin can do fairly well without either buff) will just feed their blue to their mid caster, and then their red to their bottom lane. If you try to give your bottom lane your blue (on purple side) then the enemy will merely give THEIR blue(blue side) to their mid, thus screwing your caster mid. This is mainly just based on the current meta game.
As far as the buff availability goes, is there an actual, good reason for any particular lane being the solo lane? If it's just a convention that everyone randomly chose (or a holdover from DotA), couldn't purple just switch who goes in their lanes, and get the red buff that way?

WarlordMichael

10-17-2011

The solo lane is top because of its distance from dragon, if you place your AD + Support top its easy for the enemys to 5 v 3 dragon with tele on their solo top (and no you cant put tele on the carry and support), by the time your jungler is feeding redbuff to the carry your not confined to lanes anymore anyway so the redbuff positioning is kind of irrelevant.

MindWraith

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jothki View Post
As far as the buff availability goes, is there an actual, good reason for any particular lane being the solo lane? If it's just a convention that everyone randomly chose (or a holdover from DotA), couldn't purple just switch who goes in their lanes, and get the red buff that way?
if bottom is the solo lane then you lose dragon control.
but related to the topic, lets not forget that blue can use that mushroom to tell the range of the front middle tower. purple side doesnt get that :P

Jothki

10-17-2011

Ah right, the dragon.

Hah, I wonder if the Baron and dragon positions couldn't be randomly swapped. That'd solve some of the balance issues, at least over multiple games.

Dare Evans

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si11yPutty View Post
Has anyone ever tried to aim in Goldeneye 64? That's how playing free-cam feels to me, freaking thing jumps if you so much as nudge the edge of your screen.

"BLAHBLAHBLAH global ults and map awareness"

Press Y click on minimap.

"BLAHBLAH noobs can't RTS"

I only have to deal with one character, RTS's actually require looking at multiple units and base production.

And then there's the matter of the HUD, red-buff handoff, dragon/baron spawn.

But you elitist free-cam people don't want anyone to be happy, even if a simple solution is to simply flip the camera or HUD, you act as if we are personally attacking you and your free-camera lifestyle, yet if they changed this, you would not feel any change and others would feel a significant change.
This. I can unlock my camera to be map aware, but I play with it locked because I do better with it locked. Saying locked camera is for noobs is like saying people who are left-handed are noobs because right hands are what the pros use.

Sherrif

10-17-2011

The camera angle isn't going to go away, flipping the map around would be idiotic... It was built to have the camera angle the way it is. That's how it was designed. Before they can go around flipping maps they would need to redesign it so the jungles were mirrored. Imagine Baron and Dragon camps strait across from eachother. But where would you fix that? It is designed to be asymmetrical, don't say it is... symmetry means you can draw a line through it and both sides look the same.

The problem is trying to balance it could cause it to become way overbalanced. The best they can do is secretly have one sides minions slightly stronger to make up for it. BUT how do they know it's unbalanced? The Red and Blue Buffs? Purple gets blue, Blue gets Red for their 2 lane. At the starting skirmishes you may find that bot laners for Blue want to just go strait to their lanes because of the XP they might lose if they stick around. But having Red buff for a carry bot would be helpful. But many junglers want red for the ganks.

SO which is unbalanced? Do you make Red for Blue less powerful and Blue for Purple less powerful?

Because its all about what metagame you play. And since (yes you say that there is "The" meta... But I'm talking about if you are a jungler you may want Purple so you can Ward Dragon, (considering Baron is kind of a late game thing Easier Dragon control > Easier Baron Control. if you're a Mid you may want Blue for skillshots (yes the view is not isometric and the bottom of the screen is not the same width as the top).. BUT no more complaining about HUD there is an option to scale it down to almost nothing... Watch the Graves patch Preview... That's about half of the slider. Bot may want to be Purple because its harder to be ganked as well as being able to protect blue. And Dragon has an escape route right into their jungle where only a moron/5 man gank would chase. Where as escaping a gank at dragon if you're blue may be easier said than done.

IF you complain that locking the camera is causing the camera angle to screw you up, unlock it then complain that its unruly. I don't care, but don't tell us that locking it makes purple disadvantaged. The fact that it was brought up at all is appalling. Yes People lock, Yes people don't, but its a playstyle... and like all playstyles they both have pros and cons. Locking is legitimate, but can cause a problems with being able to see, something that can be remedied by unlocking it. Pick a playstyle, and if it is causing problems change it. I've seen arguments about TT and I will see it about the CS. Locking is a playstyle, nobody cares what playstyle you use. But if it's not working for you, then stop using it, get a different playstyle.

Magni

10-18-2011

The field of vision ahead of your character is greater than the field of vision behind him due to the map's tilt.