is smite really nessesary for jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firestorme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Smite is required. That is all.

Rigglethor

10-06-2011

Short awnser: YES TAKE SMITE

Long awnser: Even if you don't need smite to clear the jungle it is still necessary for making the jungle faster among other things.

Soga no Tojiko

10-06-2011

you don't take smite because its needed to jungle on those, you take smite because it makes you jungle faster than the usual, and fast jungles = keeping up in levels/earlier ganks, not to mention that having smite makes getting baron/dragon easier, otherwise the enemy team's jungle will smite it and steal from you(like i already did, enemy team did baron and their jungle didn't have smite up, i flashed in and smited baron, dying, but giving my team 300g each and baron buff)

Arizel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Smite is necessary for competitive jungling simply because of the time in which you can gank or because of full time jungling efficiency. By the time you finish a jungle run, with smite, the smaller creep camps should start respawning as you blue pill for the first time. Without smite however, chances are you would have had to back earlier because of lower health, creeps will respawn further apart from each other, and later, when your jungle becomes pretty much sustained, the creep respawns won't be in a neat line. It takes longer overall to do something as the jungler and satisfy the needs of the team.

Dragull

10-06-2011

Cleaning the jungle faster and securing dragon and baron is essential.

Montegomery

10-06-2011

The slower you jungle the more susceptible you are to counter-jungling. If a good Udyr sees a Warwick without Smite you might as well lane for all the jungle camps you're going to get.

EzrealxBot

10-06-2011

One of my best steals was when I was ww. I noticed there entire team was gone. My team was doing so hot. So I made my way behind the baron and dropped a ward in saftey. There they were...the enemy team all 5 of them hacking away at nashor. So what a lone ww to do. Wait untill the baron is almost dead. Ult through the wall onto an enemy and smite steal baron. Did I die? oh yes. But for a good cause.

And to whom do I give my tanks to...my ole pal smite.

Raskotrug

10-06-2011

Sure you can take something other than smite, if you don't mind losing baron to a Soraka infuse.

Claricorp

10-06-2011

It also increases your jungling speed by a godly amount.

Fancy Penguin

10-06-2011

Not completely, It is necessary for late game Baron/Dragon control though, and since someone has to have it why not the person who it helps all game (and it protects your buffs from being stolen)?