The current meta - Your thoughts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

clerica

10-06-2011

it's alright... I just came back from a 5 month break and I'm still adjusting, I kinda miss the old meta(s), there was a bit more variety in lanes.

Miltrivd

10-06-2011

I find the 0 cs support pretty toxic. Trying to make hypercarries out of ranged AD every game is nice when you get to achieve it, but is hardly accomplished in a regular basis, and leaves with 4.5vs4.5 team compos.

LikeUsOnFacebook

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib View Post
I personally enjoy the current setup, but I would really like to see more variety as well. I bet there are many viable setups, but unfortunately it's hard to get everyone on the same page outside of 5 man premade.
Agree, there is more variety that can work but it is impossible to organize that in solo queue without 1-2 ragers.

Arizel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

I feel the eu meta is slowly being contested for other counters. I myself have been experimenting a bit and I've settled on my own strategy to counter the current mid or even top carries.

Presenc3

10-06-2011

I think what is ultimately sad is that the "Meta" doesn't matter as much as people think... and in solo queue (especially sub 1400) the team comp doesn't really matter as much as laning basics...

I've been in a few teams that broke the current meta, and it was an easy stomp... but those are few and far between...

I really wish more people would look objectively at the enemies and their own team and try to think "who would synergize best with these teams, while also countering their team?" instead of, "We need AD carry or AP carry?"

I've had people argue with me before because I said "Win your lane, win the game" that saddened me...

anyways, best bet is to find 4 other like minded people and develop strategies that exploit the weaknesses of the current meta...

good luck finding those in solo-queue

Pres

strattmandoo

10-06-2011

im kinda dissapointed in the current meta, and i feel the patch we are on is pretty ****ty as well, i felt that dreamhack was an ideal meta, where healers actually did things and everyone TO AN EXTENT was viable, now i feel its much more segregated in usable and non-usable champion, and everyone take flash becuase you need too, this wasnt true at dreamhack, and im sad with the meta we have moeved into

Xion Moonray

10-06-2011

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why AD isn't allowed mid :/

K J

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Moonray View Post
I'm still trying to wrap my head around why AD isn't allowed mid :/
because ranged carries deal **** for damage early game and an ap nuker would blow them up before they hit level 3... particularly a strong ap with reliable CC such as brand.

ThunderZero

10-06-2011

I'm sick of it, to be honest. I understand why it is the way it is, but I really don't like what it does to champion selects and team compositions. It forces someone on my team to play 0 CS support, which is something that I hate doing and something I wouldn't want to wish on anyone unless they personally enjoy it.
Also, personally, I miss AD carry mids. That was my favorite role to play. Bottom lane farm-fest isn't anywhere near as fun.

I'm actually so tired of it that I've been playing 90% Dominion since its release, mostly because I don't have to stress so much - everyone can pick a character they're good with and normally games go pretty well, unless one team is heavily outmatched.

Offtheheazy

10-06-2011

SCREW METAS

start using ur own mind, and stop following others.