New Strategy Forums Launched!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nikolasky

01-17-2012

good idea

nikolasky

01-17-2012

good idea

ADMIN when you give ous skin for shaco i raly like him soo.....????

xetz12

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

League of legends Destroy Mid Tower in Under a Minute

http://4593754b.theseforums.com

OutOfTime

01-19-2012

Thanks

Tantilus

01-30-2012

I tried Caitlyn, Mundo, and Morgana this was a really successful combination!! Great poke and map control!

BDurinationONyou

01-31-2012

The combo sounds pretty beast but i've noticed CC is a big part of 3's and map cotrol helps as well... My favorite combo latley has been Udyr Rammus bot lane early game then Kennen soloing top when we get into ganks mid game or so we have kens mass stun my bear stance with udyr and rammus taunt and ball while also inflicitng tons of dmg in the process

ScreamWorks

02-03-2012

no singed?

Nevermorezorz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2012

Singed Shyvana Lee Sin. boooooom

fhreakofnature

02-14-2012

I love the treeline it is a fun and fast paced map that is good for some champs and not so great for others

Kaoticmagic

02-16-2012

There are a good few different strategies concerning the Twisted Treeline (TT). The important parts are team composition, jungling, early game - Dragon, mid game, endgame which usually goes with the good ol' turtle turtle turtle game (Just remember these are my opinions feel free to talk about them or improve them)

Team Composition: for ranked games should be based on the bans and the other team. There is no such thing as the ULTIMATE team. One thing that I have learned is that squishy champs can and probably will get raped...more than once. lol. Unless you have amazing teammates that peel like bosses. I will list some squishy champs that I personally think are viable. Nidalee, Kennen, Gragas, Vayne, Kassadin, Brand, Fiddle. If you look at those champs, they are viable either because they have excellent mobility and utility/cc, or like Brand/Fiddle their ults just wreck teams. If you have a squishy, best to pick 2 tanky champs. It is not a full list, but just the ones I could think of. Ban Advice: Ban Singed. A mediocre Singed can take out one person with a flip and win the game just because he does amazing dmg/never dies. Other bans could be Lee Sin, Shaco, Yorick, Udyr, maybe Jax?( I haven't really seen Jax since the rework), Garen, Gangplank, and Rammus. These are up to you, to figure out which one you don't want to fight. Now for the team composition. It is best to have a team that synergizes with each other. This is done by picking champs that have similar abilities. If you pick a super mobile champ...you are going to want other champs that are mobile, but you also have to think whether their damage is AOE or single target. If you mix them you don't get the focus from single target or the mass of AOE. I find that a mix of the two doesn't synergize. You can also look toward ults that work together, such as Jarvan, Rumble, Kennen/Nunu. Basically how this team works is Jarv and Rumble ult inside his little circle while Kennen or Nunu get their ults going from the outside...this helps Nunu from getting cced. A single target team could consist of Nidalee, Skarner, Garen. This kind of team works with the all their mobility of Nid's passive/cougar, Skarner's w, and Garens q. If on a fight nearby enemy twrs, Skarner can ult while Nid throws a spear/trap while giving Skarner the attack speed buff. Then she can jump in with her kitty and pounce em. This is all while Skarner's ult is in play...Garen will spin at the enemy right when Skarn pulls, but you will have to make sure to use q the second Skarns ult dissapears getting rid of any chance of flash. To finish it off Garen will ult. Btw, people who can go through walls are strong considering the amount placed within the trees. There are other kinds of teams such as a Team that continuously heals, or one that is all about BDing grrr >.<. If any of you can think of some and how they work please post it

The Early Game/Jungling: First of all, jungling gives many rewards no matter what people think. You get 2 solo lanes, and someone who is always mia usually capable of ganking quickly. Also, there is only 1 red buff and 1 dragon. This means only one team can take it, watch it, it's a good bit of gold like 75g with red, and 900g with drag...that's basically 3 kills.

Small camps: 1 min 30 respawn, spawn at the 1 min 40
Red buff: 4 min respawn, spawns at the 2 min 10.
White/Green: 3 min respawn, spawns at the 1 min 55
Drake: 5 min respawn, spawns at the 4 min 50

Just for those who want to know I'm not going to tell you how to jungle because there are many different paths through these Twisted Trees. GANK GANK GANK lol. Don't get behind on levels...I've lost games because of getting outleveled because of failed ganks with not enough farming. Map control : one of the keys to success on TT. Top lane/bot lane...please make it a rule that when you go B, grab a ward everytime. It will give your jungler more awareness so that he does not get ganked. Dragon and red are the best places for them...if you are going tryhard you will buy pink wards to counter the enemy team. I find that ganking top as a jungler is the easiest because there are 2 very easy paths to sneak through and gank. Bot lane tends 2 b the equivalent of solo top in SR. Usually champs that work there, work well at bot lane. If you are that early game team...you better abuse it, but if you are the mid/late game team you need to farm it out a bit, call mias, and keep it safe. Make sure you get dragon as soon as possible and keep records on when it was killed so that you know when to group up for it. Suppose that it turns to mid game now.

Mid game: This can start either 4 min 50 into the game or even 15 min in. It is where you must be in a full group ready to fight together. Alone...you are dead. Stay together, use wards or abilities to not get jumped. If you win a teamfight, PUSH. or get dragon , but you have to push in this game, but remember this. If you push through an inhibitor, this gives your enemy a small chance. They get to farm off the big minions. So make sure you are able to win soon after u get inhibitors, otherwise, it is not worth it. Mid game is usually when games end, unless you get put against a couple of turtlers.

End game: Ever been in a standstill where everyone on both sides is frantically trying to cs but nothing is really happening? ( unless someone is stupid and goes out alone and gets caught which then loses the game. lolz.) Well, this is called the endgame. It usually happens when one team realizes that they are slowly losing teamfights. Then they start to play defensive and force the other team to fight on their territory. This is where the fight gets intense, just because you have to either get the twr down or get them away from the twr to fight ( this is assuming both teams are good with their players not wandering off alone without any escape). If those cannot be done, sometimes split pushing can be an option, but the real way should revolve around dragon. The extra gold/buff can usually make a team make a comeback. This is why I require all my teams to have a jungler with smite. Cho/nunu are fun because of their "eat." Also, idk if my point has been proven to you yet, but DON'T BE ALONE without awareness of the map and escapes that dont require much cooldown. You shouldn't be in a position that requires you to use flash or any other high cooldown moves.

Tips for the bot lane: This is my favorite lane. I like to sit back and farm for the first bit. I usually hold this lane with my tanky ap nid. I use traps to catch anyone trying to gank me or my teammates. Nid can push back her lane rather well, especially after level 6. Sometimes she will need help if it is a 1v2 versus like a panth/garen combo ughh >.< lol. The real trick to bot lane though is to kill the minions quickly so that the enemy cannot hurt your tower. Don't forget to last hit though. If they zone me on Nid...I throw spears just to last hit...though its weird half the time they miss and hit a champ lolz. Sustain is the other key for bot lane. The reason she is my favorite for bot is because of her traps giving me ultimate map awareness.

Hope this helps someone get better at The Twisted Treeline please make comments on your opinions and my faults and strengths. Btw...my best ranking in 3v3 is 1461 if that helps add me for some TT.

Edit: So i posted this a long time ago and a few things....JAX OP. Also, since my elo has raised to 1600+ i've noticed that turtle games do not really happen often unless the other team likes to be passive for some reason. When my team wins a fight we push to win. If you can push the other teams towers before they can respond you basically win. First blood is very important. If the other team gets first blood, you better hope you can outplay them because if you do not...you lose. Grouping up early is a key to winning. Teamfights should be happening early, and if you can roam together and get kills and immediatly push/get drag you can win easily.