New Strategy Forums Launched!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

THE ART OF JOHN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

I play Lee sin on TT. His Q is great for gank at bottom bush, giving sight if it hits an enemy. It is also easy to win top with him and get first blood. In team fights put your Q on the squishy, then ult him, then reactivate Q. This will nuke them pretty hard and quickly turn the fight into a 2v3. If a teammate gets ignited/focused dash to him. Also in team fights use your E to slow the attack speed of their AD or catch people trying to run away. Buy wriggles and keep it at red buff during laning phase. Later you can place it at Dragon to catch your enemies/ steal dragon. Always remember you can dash to your ward with W. Sometimes if they are down to their nexus I'll put my wriggle's at the enemy nexus, over the wall, dash to it, and finish the game.

l3bronx

06-20-2012

Akali, Annie, Maokai.
HUGE burst damage, CC and high DPS from Annie, Maokai is one of the best tanks, and easy last hit chasing with Akali.

Also tactically, at the start all three go top, cut through the forest and use clairovoyance to see when the opposing team makes it to the bushes + ambush. Generally due to the fear of being cut off from their turret at least one scatters and you can pick everyone off one by one.

xtclovesu

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDog0825 View Post
I found that a really good 3v3 team would be Rammus, Tryndamere and Ashe. Ashe's ult and her hawk shot really help in preventing ganks while stunning the enemy so Tryndamere and Rammus can catch up. Tryndamere's mocking shout is also a really good combination with Rammus's rolling ability(idk what its called)
Yes, but the enemy can just stack armor, and you guys will be easily counter

Squidzillatron

Recruiter

06-21-2012

I always play 3 vs. 3 on Twisted Treeline. Love the map and will probably play it until I'm 30. Level 30 that is lol.

GAMEOVER4YOu

06-21-2012

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀
▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████░░
███▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████▀░░
██████▀░▄▄████████████████████░░░
▀████░▄███████████████████████▄░░
░███░▄███████████████████████████
░▀█░█████████████████▀▀░░░██░████
▄▄█████████████████▀░░░░░░██░████
███▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░▄█░░████
███▄░░░░▀▀█████▀░▄▀▄░░░░▄█░░▄████
░███▄▄░░▄▀▄░▀███▄▀▀░░▄▄▀█▀░░█████
▄▄█▄▀█▄▄░▀▀████████▀███░░▄░██████
▀████▄▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀██░░▀█░░█▄█████░
░░▀▀███▄░▀█░░▀█░░░▀░█░░░▄██████░▄
████▄▄▀██▄░█░░▄░░█▄░███░████▀▀░▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀░█████▄█▄▄████████▀░▄▄░▄██
░▄▄█▀▀░░░▀█▀██████████▀░▄███░░█▀░
██▀░░░▄▄▀░░▄░▀▀▀████▀░▄████░░░░░░
█▀░░▄██░░▄██░░░░░░▀█░░████░░▄███▄
░░▄███░▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀░░▄░░░▀▀
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀

Miserix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

Ok, so half of this thread seems to be people trolling, posting lone smiley faces and "cool", or saying how much they like TT. The other half is full of dumb questions, some smart questions, and then that one good informative actually on-topic post by someone that knows what they're doing. People, can we please get on the topic of "3v3 Strategy", and not random 3 word posts? Please? Seeing as actions speak louder than words, I'll go ahead and start.

META: 3v3 meta as I understand it is your AD bruiser/carry (NEVER ranged, unless it's Caitlyn or in very few cases a Vayne)should take solo top, a tank or AD bruiser in the jungle, and a tanky AP botlane. This gives you good map control/vision and frequent ganks from the jungler, 2 solo lanes earning full exp and CS, and jungle coverage so the other team can't just clear the camps, double buff their trynd, and then GG you 12 minutes in. Normally the top solo AD carry/bruiser builds heavy damage with a few defensive picks based on enemy team comp, bot lane tanky AP usually builds items like RoA and Rylai's for damage and bulkiness, and jungle builds wriggle's, maybe one or two offense items, and then tanks the **** out of their champion.

DRIVING FORCES: Couple rules you need to know on 3v3: CC, mobility, and off-tank/melee-carries reign supreme. Ban Singed in ranked unless you have first pick; if you do, the other team will ban him for you. Every time you go back to base make it a rule to buy at least 1 ward, especially if you're playing/playing with a Lee Sin or Jax who can jump to them for escapes. Warding is a MAJOR key to victory. Also, someone on your team MUST have Smite, and must be able to use it better than the enemy team's jungler who has smite, or else you're going to lose a lot of dragons and red buffs.

Also, I shouldn't have to mention this, but COMMUNICATION IS EVERYTHING, on 3v3 and SR this holds VERY true. Use skype, vent, teamspeak, mumble, whatever, just as long as you can actually talk to the other people. This game is too fast paced to stop and type things into chat, and if you and your allies can't communicate well, you aren't gonna win many games (at least in ranked).

3v3 Champion Tier List: This is a great place to start from when picking/analyzing champions for their viability on 3v3. Don't stick to it like glue, treat it like the bible, or take it to bed with you at night. Sam might be smart, but he's not god, and if you can make a champion in tier 3 work well in a team comp, don't be ashamed to have people laugh at you at the start of ranked games. If you can rofl stomp their face into the ground and force a surrender vote at 15 minutes into the game, noone's going to be laughing at you then.

Jungleing: Jungleing is a very mis-understood concept on TT. Most people have no idea how to do it. First off: GANK. Gank and gank and gank, and when you've ganked a lane, gank some more. Put up wards, even before you buy your Wriggle's Lantern (which you will of course be doing because we're all smart here right? Unless MAYBE you're playing rammus or malphite...) so that the enemy team can't have a feed fest just by wandering into the jungle and killing your poor 200 HP udyr self while you're soloing the gray buff.

If you need a jungleing path, a good place to start is at your small central camp (between top and bot lane). Have your top lane pull it for you and then run to lane quickly. You finish off the creeps, move up to the top jungle, and start the small camp nearest your base. If the opportunity arises (have good communication and understanding with your top-laner), then gank top lane. If the enemy team has a jungler, you need to assess whether or not you can fight them in the jungle. If you can, do so, and force them to back. If you can't, put up some wards, and jungle sneakily, trying to gank lanes better/more than them.

Jungle route (not made by me): http://imgur.com/LXsXu

Turtleing: Don't plan on doing it, it's a stupid idea that doesn't work vs. a competent enemy team. Yes, I've won many games by farming off super minions rolling waves of delicious farm into my base, but again, that isn't ranked, that isn't even good games, and it shouldn't happen in 1500+ ELO. I'm not a high elo ranked player, but I know enough of them and about the game to know this isn't a viable strat to rely on.

As for countering turtleing, all you need to do is ask one question: "Are they turtleing already?"

If the answer is no, don't take their inhibitors. Push their outer towers, farm off their creeps, farm the entire jungle, secure dragon and buffs, and win one more teamfight. Then push their base and win, feeling satisfied that you just played a good game.

If the answer is yes, you obviously did something wrong. Again, go farm jungle, it's the only thing you CAN farm right now without going into their base/territory and running the risk of being caught overextended. Wait for inhibs to respawn, don't ever take them again, and try to win another teamfight. If they don't come out of base, just keep farming, and make sure to keep the pressure up just enough so that they can't farm properly. Eventually you should get a gold advantage (if you didn't already feed them too much when they had super-creeps to feed off of), and you should still be able to pull off a somewhat messy, but fairly easy win.

Items: GP10 items don't count for half of what they would on SR most of the time, so relying on them or putting them into your build as core is usually a mistake. Buying one of them early game to build it into an item you know you'll buy later can be ok, but I wouldn't rely on them as a good source of income. An example would be HoG --> Randuin's (works on Junglers very well, especially Malphite, Rammus, and Udyr, just as examples), or building Kage's Lucky Pick --> DFG (done a lot on AP Janna and some other AP solo bot laners).

Items that give move-speed are great as well. Trinity, FoN (if they have a lot of magic damage), Lich Bane (on AP Sion and Akali + a few others). Also, many items that give tankiness and damage, like Roa and Rylai's for mages, or Frozen Mallet and Atma's for bruisers. You'll notice that two of those grant CC, and that's because of what I said before; CC is one of the primary game winning elements every good 3v3 team needs to have.

TL;DR: Ban singed, meta is solo top AD carry/bruiser, solo bot tanky (perfferably tanky) AP, tanky jungler. Get mobility, damage, survivability, and lots of CC. Buy lots and lots of wards, COMMUNICATE WELL, pick/ban champs from the god tier list and make sure your team has synergy. Make sure you have smite to control buffs/dragon, don't wander around the map alone, and for the love of GOD people, don't take the other teams inhibitor unless you're ready to at LEAST push through their nexus turret, if not take the nexus itself. GP10 isn't that great, Rylai's and Frozen mallet are amazing items, and please don't spam F-bombs in chat in normal games when you start sucking; instead, use your talent for sucking to suck it up and learn something. And most importantly...

Have fun. It is a game after all, and odds are if you're reading this you don't make a living playing this game. So treat it appropriately (I think most of us, me included sometimes, can work on this).

Cheers

Che Guevera

06-21-2012

cool

lwilt14

06-22-2012

Its been ever-apparent that, on twisted treeline, AD off-tanks are completely dominating games. Its almost worthless to have an AP champ in 3's, except for the exceptional fizz or ahri. I've played way too many games facing pantheon, jax, darius, and trynd (to name a few) in which I've been completely destroyed even though they don't know how to play the game (no wards, darius ulting at 90% hp, general terribleness). If you don't have a premade of exceptional players, even a few slip-ups spiral out of control. They're stronger lvl1-lvl6, and they've probably either killed you enough or pushed you out to have at least 2 levels on you, so your ultimate is so delayed that it doesn't matter when you get it. The tanky-dps meta has been good on Summoner's Rift, but in 3's, it seems that there is no counter besides playing them.

Vermonster

06-22-2012

Udyr, Shyvana, Kennen has been working pretty well for my 3's team. Udyr and control the top team with some bursty damage, great sustain and good tankiness, Shyv controls the jungle well with great ganks bot with her ult, and Kennen of course has tons of cc, good mobility and a little range to bring into the mix. I wouldn't suggest playing any adc on TT, they're too squishy and will never be farmed enough to be effective. Obviously lee sin, Jax , riven, trynd and singed are amazing... They will be banned every match tho so learn other characters

Bstrdguy

06-23-2012

Keep it up.