Best Runes for Olaf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Temlam

06-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistlemin View Post
I don't know the exact match, but its listed somewhere. Basically minions, monsters, jungle creeps etc all have armor. You get Armor Pen to maximize the damage from each hit. AS works too, I use both, Yellow/Blue AS, Red Arm Pen.

You want to always think about what you're lacking or have excess of and tailor your build to your needs. Try and find the best fit for you. I use 9/0/21 a lot with Olaf so there's some regen built into your masteries. Also, there's nothing wrong with pilling back to town to get some.

I definitely am not interested in gimping my damage output with Olaf by rushing a Chalice for mana regen.
chalice?
do you know how hard it is to stack a warmog when you get it as soon as you can afford it? buying a chalice would screw me.

pannra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2010

^Buying a warmogs will screw you even more.

NJ Fury S

06-11-2010

ya dont buy warmogs its not very good for olaf ur better off with something like sunfire or banshees ..or anotehr dps item

Temlam

06-11-2010

dude, by end game it's a fully stacked warmogs...
if you stack a warmogs it's worth it to buy. don't listen to ignorant people.
the fact he gains damage with health makes it more worthwhile.

JohnCataldo

06-12-2010

Attack speed runes don't make much sense on Olaf. He has built in attack speed. You want (in runes and items) to focus on other aspects more that he doesn't have, like armor penetration or critical chance. (He also has built in damage with W, of course, though more of that isn't bad either.)

I just run red armor pen, yellow dodge, blue flat cooldown, flat health quints. You could try other quints, but they are good on anyone and he gets a little extra out of them. If you want to go tankier you could use blue MR.

Slipin

06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCataldo View Post
Attack speed runes don't make much sense on Olaf. He has built in attack speed. You want (in runes and items) to focus on other aspects more that he doesn't have, like armor penetration or critical chance. (He also has built in damage with W, of course, though more of that isn't bad either.)

I just run red armor pen, yellow dodge, blue flat cooldown, flat health quints. You could try other quints, but they are good on anyone and he gets a little extra out of them. If you want to go tankier you could use blue MR.
He has built in ArP too, past level 6.

CobraKaun

06-13-2010

Red - Armor Pen
Yellow - Mana Regen / Level
Blue - Flat CDR
Quints - HP

Oldschool Jimmy

12-09-2010

Jungling Olaf only:

red: AS
yellow: flat armor
blue: AS
Quints: AS

You think its not worth it? try it...

last played games Olaf:

14 - 5 - 12 Win
10 - 7 - 3 Loose (team feeded enemies)
14 - 3 - 5 Win
4 - 0 - 4 Win
7 - 1 -8 Win
11 - 3 - 8 Win

Not ranked but dont think im on low elo i got about 620 (+1-10) wins and ~425 looses,