Best Runes for Olaf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kookamonga

06-09-2010

Hello I just started playing Olaf and find him quite enjoyable. I've tried laning/and jungeling with him and have had my success with each. The first question I have is what is best for a laning Olaf, Mp5? Second is, is full AS runepage good for jungeling Olaf? I've read around that mp5 laning olaf helps a lot with undertow spamability and I'd imagine a full page of AS runes would help out his W skill in jungeling regardless of his passive. Maybe there's something better for overall use like hp runes but i'd like to get some perspective for either scenario. Thanks!

Kookamonga

06-09-2010

Bump!

radica

06-09-2010

red - armorpen
yellow - manaregenlvl
blue - cdreductionlvl
quints - manaregenlvl

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

06-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by radica View Post
red - armorpen
yellow - dodge
blue - cdreduction (Takes 12 levels to balance out having the flat CDR for those first twelve is amazing compared to the negligible amount you get from 13-18
quints - flat health
Fixed. Get a chalice if you want that much mana regen. (Which you should get anyway.)

Radchek

06-10-2010

Ya that much regen is pretty much a waste of rune space, like ^ said, get a chalice as one of your first items. I've had success with:

Red: AS
yellow: AS
blue: Flat CDR
quints: 2x ArP, 1x Mv speed

Hoki

06-10-2010

Red - armour pen
Yellow - armour or hp
Blues - cdr
Quints - Hp

Guamlegend

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2010

mmkay so i'm guessing Armor pen is the best for jungeling/laning phase. I've gotten chalice and it is much better than wasting runes. Is stacking a full page of AS runes on him not viable or does having ArP and some other rune combos as you have all listed much better for Jungeling scenarios.

Kookamonga

06-11-2010

i'd like to know as well ^

Kookamonga

06-11-2010

anyone :> ?

Thistlemin

06-11-2010

I don't know the exact match, but its listed somewhere. Basically minions, monsters, jungle creeps etc all have armor. You get Armor Pen to maximize the damage from each hit. AS works too, I use both, Yellow/Blue AS, Red Arm Pen.

You want to always think about what you're lacking or have excess of and tailor your build to your needs. Try and find the best fit for you. I use 9/0/21 a lot with Olaf so there's some regen built into your masteries. Also, there's nothing wrong with pilling back to town to get some.

I definitely am not interested in gimping my damage output with Olaf by rushing a Chalice for mana regen.