What Quints Should I Purchase?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

12ubb3rDuckey

10-05-2011

Ok so I basically have two full rune pages at level 26 excluding quintessence runes.

At the moment i usually play.

Nasus
Soraka
Singed
Ashe
Tryndamere
Kog Maw

What Quints should i purchase with my limited ip. I've decided i want to play support champions in ranked games but realize the need to be diverse

Jairoe

10-05-2011

I main Soraka and I usually play as a heavy support and my rune set up generally goes: Quints: GP/10sec, Mark: Magic Pen, Seal: flat mana regen (MP/5), Glyphs: flat CDR. I usually lane bot lane and allow my partner to farm whole lane while I rely on GP/5 items, Quints and Greed talent, along with assists/kills. I find I make plenty of gold and generally build heavy support i.e. Deathfire Grasp, Will of Ancients, Starks Fervor, Aegis, generalyl whatever my team could use in terms of group buffs at the time.

R3flektion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

Well if your aiming more towards support, It depends if your tank support or mage support. as a mage support such as soraka or janna. I would use flat mana regen quints. as a tank support, id run with a standard tank rune setup. something like MR or armor. However if your looking towards the dps like kogmaw trynd and nasus, (Keep this is mind, alot of people dont prefer it) i use all atk speed runes. every single rune is flat attack speed. i start with 38% attack speed. Thats 2% under a recurve bow. characters such as caitlyn or kogmaw, you DOMINATE early game.

Gunflame

10-05-2011

HP Flat runes. The best quints to buy for your first set. I guess you can buy many more but HP flat are just too universal to prefer others (they are quite expensive though).

PerfidiousAlbion

10-05-2011

For your first set of quints you're best off getting something that is of general use. There are three obvious choices that are good on every champ.

Move speed. They're useful throughout the whole match and its even great on Dominion if you're planning on playing that mode too. They're also one of the best choices around for some champs (Singed/Tryn specifically of the ones you have, a solid choice on Nasus as well.)

Health Regen quints are also good on anyone. Not quite as useful at first level as the straight health variety but they stay useful for a few levels longer. They're particularly helpful on champs that frequently take a solo lane like Nasus.

Flat health quints are also solid generalized runes that will be good on any champ, However, though they're amazing for the first couple levels they drop off in value quickly afterwards. I'm no longer partial to them myself. If either you, your lane mate or your opponents plays at all passively during the first two levels then any advantage they would have gained you has effectively been squandered. That mean in every other match they end up doing little for you.

If you're going to be playing primarily supports long term then you really need to get gold/10 quints as well though. They aren't that useful on anyone else, but since they're also some of the cheapest its not such a set back.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

Flat Health should always be your first quint purchase, see here: http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-leg...ne-pages-guide

Powerstoned

10-05-2011

3 Movespeeds should be your first Quints. Every single champ can and does benefit from them.
(if you play Dominion, no matter the champ, I always run them)

Flat Health are nice for melee in SR and TT.
Magic Pen and Ability are nice for some ap ranged in SR and TT.
Attack speed and Crit chance are very champ specific, but very good if you're playing the few that take advantage of them.