When I'm Capping a Point and a Team Mate Starts Channeling on it-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringsting View Post
I always stay and duo/triple cap if I am not sure where the enemy is....I don't think that there is anything wrong with this approach AS LONG as you don't stand next/on the first capper so that an AOE will interupt you both.

Best case scenario is to stand opposite each other
Smart opponents will click the point as it interrupts all enemy channeling.

Manthe

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazySpoon View Post
It does. It's minor, but it does.
Minor? It seems rather noticeable to me.

Kwisatz Haderach

10-05-2011

they said they were buffing defensive based actions on points yet NOTHING in this patch...

VinnieBrasco

10-05-2011

Multiple scoring categories would be the key here. Make people feel they earned their keep in different ways.

For example...come up with Titles or you can just rate each category with stats..
Titles:
Team Killer,
Defender of the Realm.
the Jungler!!!!!
Quest taker
Minion master

Or Catagories
Defence (show points)
Offence(kills)
Mission(captures)
Misc(buffs, quests, ect)

This would shed a little more light on the value of the individual... you can also have fun with it and come up with a plethora of comical titles for situations...if someone gets killed in two hits, gets towered, gets ignited...or whatever.

Cryll

10-05-2011

Honestly the "score" means jack. I don't even pay attention to it - I just do what it takes to win. If someone gives you **** about a low score, let them - it's still your victory in the end (hopefully).

rDean

10-05-2011

i feel like kills on points should award more points than actually capping the point, feel free to rage me on this about dominion not being a game of kills but this is my serious thought

MrSpaz

10-05-2011

You guys care an awful lot about points. I'm surprised by this -- in the Dominion games I've played since it came out, very few players actually brought up points, for good or for bad. Usually, it was when we were losing and they were just looking for scapegoats to toss under the bus.

Most -- by a large margin -- that I've played with have cared about winning, and that's it. The points are just a silly metric; stop putting so much stake in them.

Convergence

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rDean View Post
i feel like kills on points should award more points than actually capping the point, feel free to rage me on this about dominion not being a game of kills but this is my serious thought
I'd actually take a different approach - doing damage to and taking damage from enemy champions near points should award the most points. Kills aren't really the focus as most smart players won't chase an enemy too far from a point to get the kill, and it shouldn't be rewarded for doing so, but fighting and defending ought to.

Khranz

10-05-2011

You should get 1-5pts for breaking enemy channels or something.

rDean

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
I'd actually take a different approach - doing damage to and taking damage from enemy champions near points should award the most points. Kills aren't really the focus as most smart players won't chase an enemy too far from a point to get the kill, and it shouldn't be rewarded for doing so, but fighting and defending ought to.
that would be awesome but the you get the qq on people got gettting there fare share of points per dmg, or the heals they were doing or whatever