When I'm Capping a Point and a Team Mate Starts Channeling on it-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PriorityOne

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volimar View Post
I really wish holding a point gave a better score.
I don't.

Score is motivation for a lot of people. If holding gave more points, Dominion would slow down greatly as people basically stopped trying to fight/capture and just defended.

When the solution is to reward boring play, the solution is bad.

Ohforfsake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

You know you get gold for capping a point, and the more teammates on it the more gold your team gets. Kinda dumb not to go for it with everyone if no enemies are around.

Ikarurob

10-05-2011

my problem is I will cap with one teammate and an enemy shows up to interrupt.....ill break off (since im usually playing ali) to keep em back and my teammate will stop capping the point as well.

GET THE POINT then help.

LazySpoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafein View Post
Personally think the cap should speed up depending how many people are capping it.
It does. It's minor, but it does.

Boodies

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
-I break off and defend the point from incoming enemy champs. Or go find some other point to cap.

Makes your score terrible, but it helps your team immensely.

Yet another case of a bad scoring system. Fix it Riot.
this is what I started doing. im rarely no1 anymore. but I win more being less greedy lol

Boodies

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriorityOne View Post
I don't.

Score is motivation for a lot of people. If holding gave more points, Dominion would slow down greatly as people basically stopped trying to fight/capture and just defended.

When the solution is to reward boring play, the solution is bad.
yeah but defending done right is the best offense. so getting people to do this will only make smarter palyers

fourcat

10-05-2011

I almost exclusively play Blitzcrank on Dominion for this reason. From the first windmill fight on, I can knock-up, grab, and maybe even knock-up again to prevent disturbing my teammate's capping. I've done this in the first windmill fight, sacrificing myself to stop 3-4 enemies from reaching the tower so we get first cap, and it works every time.

Poxo

10-05-2011

Am I the only one who doesnt care about my score in the end? Im just want that win and of course some fun on the way

ringsting

10-05-2011

I always stay and duo/triple cap if I am not sure where the enemy is....I don't think that there is anything wrong with this approach AS LONG as you don't stand next/on the first capper so that an AOE will interupt you both.

Best case scenario is to stand opposite each other

Necks

10-05-2011

I cap together with someone, because indirectly it keeps the team together. There's nothing worst than breaking off and doing your own thing, and then getting caught and killed.

At least when multiple teammates are capping one point, you're staying together. So after you finish capping, you'll move together and be more coordinated, be less prone to ambush, be MORE able to gimp enemy stragglers in the jungle, etc.