When I'm Capping a Point and a Team Mate Starts Channeling on it-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rebonack

10-05-2011

-I break off and defend the point from incoming enemy champs. Or go find some other point to cap.

Makes your score terrible, but it helps your team immensely.

Yet another case of a bad scoring system. Fix it Riot.

SHOE788

10-05-2011

yep

Bunnle

10-05-2011

Yep, I have the same issue with capping. Everyone flocks to the same point to cap just to get the points, not to help out. You don't need 3 people to cap a point, but everyone wants the points so you don't look like the worst contributor end game.

Riot should look into this when they can.

Rafein

10-05-2011

Personally think the cap should speed up depending how many people are capping it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

My biggest gripe is at the beginning of the game when I stop to cap mid after stating in chat that I will stop to cap mid and, at least, one other person will stop on the way to top to help after I've already started.

It basically assures that you will be playing from a weakened position for the first couple of minutes.

GammaEspeon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

Not really much to be done here short of removing the scoring system entirely. It's flawed and is a horrible indicator of team contribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafein
Personally think the cap should speed up depending how many people are capping it.
It already does afaik

humunculis

10-05-2011

agreed but I will say this though if your the first one there capping and your team comes to help I'm OK with it because it caps faster regardless for their reasons behind it and if you need to go defend your team from the cap then all the better. Best to wait to defend though and continue to cap and see what angle is needed to defend on you might be on the side that they ignore and attack the other side leaving you to continue to cap while your team-mates defend. I understand your frustrations but if Riot added a deal there where you got points for trying to cap, then all of them would just start caping when you already did and then run off and not help you at all. Getting the highest score isn't everything that's why there is supports and tanks and people who defend bot most of the game or a shroomer to help control movement.

KoalaWala

10-05-2011

this happens all the time, im always stuck in 4th or 3th, becasue im always the guy defending.
its normally the most useless person that caps and runs away that is 1st

KimKelley

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
My biggest gripe is at the beginning of the game when I stop to cap mid after stating in chat that I will stop to cap mid and, at least, one other person will stop on the way to top to help after I've already started.

It basically assures that you will be playing from a weakened position for the first couple of minutes.

Eh I'll duo channel just because securing the cap faster is useful and I don't think being the first to the fray (i,e, the sacrificial lamb) is fun.

Volimar

10-05-2011

I really wish holding a point gave a better score.