Xerath in Dominion...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TouchinMyself

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinesewee View Post
Hanging around the center as Xerath to me is terrible. Way too many counters in a crowded space like Poppy, Vayne, Jax.
I dont know what phreak was smoking when he said that. Hanging around in the jungle is begging to get slaughtered out of the blue. Too much fog of war and bushes to keep moving around and not happen upon an enemy.

ForgedLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

I see him as the heimer counter. His range means he never needs to be close to harrass him.

Harate

10-05-2011

I've been a couple games w him and so far nobody's mastered him but he's a really good interrupter

NightRaith361

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

if you have trouble procing the stun with your q use his ult its easier to hit werqrr

Nabonidus

10-06-2011

Phreak's strategy for Xerath in Dominion is almost guaranteed to be a moot point 90% of the time, because every game, for the most part, will have a shaco in it, meaning Xerath now has to go to lanes, or risk being free food for JITB traps.

Attero

10-06-2011

My personal analysis:

Level 3: Weak, not very suitable for fighting at top. Damage too low, cooldowns too high.
Can be sent bot, but will be easily overpowered by any heavy hitters. Karthus, Jax, Akali, Soraka, Singed, Heimer, all common picks who would overpower him in combat, pushing, or both and there would be little he could do to stop any of those three situations.

Mid game is eh. Pretty good at harassing would be point cappers. Without his ult up there aren't many people he could beat in a fight though, even when he is doing well and in the hands of a competent player. Low mobility, feels like his W doesn't offer nearly enough movespeed to compensate for the amount of time you must spend vulnerable.

Late game he is generally underwhelming. He can shine against squishy hyper carries that built zero survivability, but you rarely encounter competent opponents who do that.

Personally I think what he needs is his W to be a passive movespeed buff that is boosted like Teemo's when he comes out of siege mode. Then again I haven't seen him on SR so I can't really say there. Probably a lot more potent there.

Vorrrace

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedLife View Post
I see him as the heimer counter. His range means he never needs to be close to harrass him.
Yup but when I played him and I asked if I should go bot, others tell me no. But I don't think he is powerful enough at beginning to be really useful at top. :x But, he is a really good farmer to help push bot maybe more effective that Heimer (and maybe can counter heimer better than any other champs).

regularguy3

4 Weeks Ago

Well due to the rework hes less of a bush defender But his ulti has massive range so I like to go in the middle of the map and fire it off on people

Rachael Passive

4 Weeks Ago

I don't think he is still questioning how to play him 3 years later lol