Xerath in Dominion...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urmamasllama

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerofCakes View Post
I dont know about Abyssal, my friends and I have been messing around with him and most of the nuking is done outside of the range of abyssals' aura...
hmmm good point

but i still say that hourglass is a redundant buy when you get armor for free

DestroyerofCakes

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
hmmm good point

but i still say that hourglass is a redundant buy when you get armor for free
Hourglass does seem a little redundant, however most people get in for the active and not the little armor it gives.

b0rg

10-05-2011

Locus of Power (W) is just one of his abilities. You aren't stationary unless you want to be for the extra range and magic pen. W can also be used at close range just for the magic pen buff, which can make the difference in some fights. The speed buff can also make a difference in chase/escape situations.

As for builds, CDR is looking like top priority, at least on Dominion. I can think of a few reasons for this:

-You need to pull off combos, which means you need your E available.
-You want as many abilities available as possible when you pop your W.
-The ult is awesome, and it's on a relatively short CD. The ult is also the only ability besides Q that can trigger the stun from E, so you really want that ult to be up as much as possible.

Mailius

10-05-2011

He seems kind of bad in Dominion. Outside of his ult his damage output is pretty low, so if he ends up in a 1v1 situation with someone and his ult is on cooldown, he either dies or has to run.

When his ult is off cooldown, his damage output is pretty decent, except a ton of other heroes can do a similar amount of damage with less gold, and he'll still get stomped by various melee with gap closers because he can't kite at all. One stun with a ~5 second cooldown, requires landing another spell to actually stun. Outside of his stun, everything is aoe, so he only gets 15% from rylai's and his cooldowns are relatively high.

His range *is* nice, but being able to poke people from a distance who try and cap your points isn't enough to justify his other shortcomings.

b0rg

10-05-2011

Yes he is very reliant on the stun from E, which is why CDR is looking so essential right now.

DestroyerofCakes

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailius View Post
He seems kind of bad in Dominion. Outside of his ult his damage output is pretty low, so if he ends up in a 1v1 situation with someone and his ult is on cooldown, he either dies or has to run.

When his ult is off cooldown, his damage output is pretty decent, except a ton of other heroes can do a similar amount of damage with less gold, and he'll still get stomped by various melee with gap closers because he can't kite at all. One stun with a ~5 second cooldown, requires landing another spell to actually stun. Outside of his stun, everything is aoe, so he only gets 15% from rylai's and his cooldowns are relatively high.

His range *is* nice, but being able to poke people from a distance who try and cap your points isn't enough to justify his other shortcomings.
I agree, he seems to be missing something when it come to 1v1 in open field. Hes ok at defending but roaming hes seem to lack killing power without some type of assist. This falls back on that he lack one damaging ability. The range buff is nice and so is the magic pen but it still lacking vs anyone with any type of burst damage.

Elzan

10-05-2011

I don't have him yet, but I'd probably try building him similar to how I build AP Shaco in Dominion.

Start with Amplifing Tome and basic boots, run bot. Use range to minionpush bot until I can upgrade to Fiendish Codex, then I'll work to upgrade boots. I'd try Sorc shoes first to see how much benefit he'd get from the Mpen, though if cooldowns are that important, ionian boots might be a better choice, especially when I upgrade the Codex to a Morello's. Then rush Rabadons, or maybe a Rylai's for the slow.

Regardless, I can see myself getting Morello's first, and a Rylai's and Rabadon's. It'd take some play to actually get a feel for which is more important, and I'd definitely change it up if needed.

twickykid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortagnon View Post
Yes he is very reliant on the stun from E, which is why CDR is looking so essential right now.
It is the best stat for every single champ in Dominion. Nothing new there.

I'd play him the same way you play kog. Kog is really good when you are winning. When you are behind he is terrible.

Cronixzero

10-05-2011

i personally think he is a weak choice, sure he can turtle bottom turret from the bush. But so can most other champs as well as global ults. The armour he gets from his passive seems to low.. even with 500+ap your only getting 75 armour which to be honest at the sacrifice of a passive is mostly worthless imho.

Now i know he is a day old and will get better the more ppl play with him and sure he will find a playstyle and build that works. But i still think at the end of the day he is a weak choice.

coffeerox

10-05-2011

The Hourglass is not redundant on Xerath. Don't think of it as redundant. Think of it as having synergy with his passive. It has 100 Ability Power which is a truckload of AP. That 100 AP will turn 50 Armor into 65 Armor. It has a nice active ability which makes him invulnerable for a period of time. Xerath is slow so that makes him a sitting duck.

You run Rylai's Crystal Scepter for the 500HP, 80AP and the slow effect, then you build a Zhonya's Hourglass for 65 Armor, 100AP and it's active, then you top it off with Rabadon's Deathcap 140AP + 30% AP which, with these items, total to 416 Ability Power. All of this will give Xerath a total armor of 112 which should be a 50% reduction in damage. Not including the natural armor you get from leveling up. This is a build that I would be running against AD teams.

For vs AP, I would do Rylai's, Abyssal Scepter, Rabadon's Deathcap followed by a Banshee's/Odyn's Veil. Probably Merc Treads for boots for additional MR.