Xerath in Dominion...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HealsNSteals

10-05-2011

Any theory crafters out there willing to take a stab at how to make this work? I've been playing with him this morning but haven't been able to come up with anything that isn't woefully poor performing. Any thoughts on build, itemization, etc?

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

I'm not sure whether a stationary cannon is really going to fit with a, "GO!!! MOVE NOW!!!!!! RUNNNNNN!", style of gameplay.

Jeepers Creepers

10-05-2011

Didn't you watch Phreak's video, he shows itemization and game play, specific for Dominion.

JayceJa

10-05-2011

i played with 1 that did well
i then played against 1 that did terribly

both built close to the same, similar to champ spotlight, but the terrible one just couldnt hit with his spells
until people learn to play him a bit better it will be harder to tell, but he seems to have great potential as a defender who can also help out with small skirmishes around the jungle and adjacent points

thenightangel05

10-05-2011

Phreak said to keep Xerath in the center ring of the map so you can utilize speed buffs and hp regen but tbh most champs cant hang around in that ring for too long without finding someone to fight with and they usually have friends. Just saying.

Peram

10-05-2011

Good with organized team, but he seems to be better in teamfights/laning style of SR than the chaos that is dominion (soloqueue.) He's definately viable, people just to figure out how to play him. His passive is useful given the onslaught of AD that typically overrun a dominion match. Just go for AP and cdr, with survivability if it has good returns (i.e. 4 dps? Yes, get a thornmail, i don't care who you are. Mix of ap ad? Get a rylais++.)

coffeerox

10-05-2011

It seems to me that Xerath's abilities lend itself for good defense. He can camp a bush while firing off artillery however I'm not exactly sure how well this works. Since Xerath gets Armor from Ability Power, one of his core items must be Zhonya's Hourglass since it has armor on it as well as Ability Power (which in turn gives him more armor).

urmamasllama

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeerox View Post
It seems to me that Xerath's abilities lend itself for good defense. He can camp a bush while firing off artillery however I'm not exactly sure how well this works. Since Xerath gets Armor from Ability Power, one of his core items must be Zhonya's Hourglass since it has armor on it as well as Ability Power (which in turn gives him more armor).
derp why itemize armor when you get it for free

abyssal should be a core item

DestroyerofCakes

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
derp why itemize armor when you get it for free

abyssal should be a core item

I dont know about Abyssal, my friends and I have been messing around with him and most of the nuking is done outside of the range of abyssals' aura...

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

You should be playing as an AD carry, never get hit in the first place. That armor is just for a safety net.