Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Patch Broke LoL on VMWare 3.1.3 Windows 7 Ultimate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dean Moriarty

10-05-2011

Yeehaw.

Anyone else having trouble after the patch? Menus load fine, but in the game you get this pixelized non-visible non-playable graphics setting? It's awesome that Riot is such a customer-oriented company. Not only did they botch the refund for discontinuing a perfectly functional client, but they managed to break the alternative for Mac users mere moments later!

trueqt

10-05-2011

i can play the game on mac client (non-boompje) but only in windowed mode, the client crashes if i try to change the resolution, or go from windowed to full screen.

the ****ty part is, is that i was playing just fine switching from windowed to full screen in custom games with xerath. it wasn't until i joined my first post-patch matchmaking pvp game that the game got locked into windowed mode and continued crashing.

the worst part is, when it crashes from going from windowed to full screen i have to restart my comp to get lol back running, but if it crashes from changing resolution i can force quit and restart the client.....wtf is going on.

ftwr

10-05-2011

If you're using a Mac either do Bootcamp or Parallels. Parallels has 3d graphics acceleration and is designed to support gaming. Parallels 7 supports more VRAM btw. Bootcamp would be native.