Lee Sin Nerf: Why so Stupid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFuggernaut

10-05-2011

I fully understand some minor nerf to Lee Sin incoming, and that is what we got.

However - these nerfs have made Lane Lee Sin extremely *sh!tty*.

Let me explain: Lane Lee Sin's advantage was being melee, and being able to still last hit from a distance with Q,and getting out quickly with W. At lvl 1, the cooldown was pretty high for its utility. Now they nerfed his range on W as well!

Now that cooldown is increased for what I see as no good reason? Forget the fact that it misses its target 6 or 7 times out of 10.

TL;DR: Cool down nerf was stupid - damage scaling was fine, maybe even too little. Take his scaling to .8 and reduce his cooldowns back to where they were or even slightly less on Sonic Wave.

Woulfewood

10-05-2011

how do you know it made him bad when the servers are not up?

Sonovius

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woulfewood View Post
the servers are up

TheFuggernaut

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woulfewood View Post
I didn't say it made him bad. I'm saying its a pointless nerf to keep him in the jungle, and making his skillshot even less spammable at low levels.

Varlal Souless

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuggernaut View Post

Now that cooldown is increased for what I see as no good reason? Forget the fact that it misses its target 6 or 7 times out of 10.
This is the reason why the majority of the community cry that Alkali/GP/Singed well every easy to master toona re OP while the elite cry about Lee Sin Openess.

A good Lee Sin won,t miss 6-7 times his target. A Skilled lee Sin is probably the best teamate to have in your team and will make the enemy cry a river of tears.

Played Singed maybe in 20-25games and I,d stay I skillcapped him by around my 5-6 games. After 30 games as Lee Sin I'd still need more practice to get even bether.

By skill capping I'm alking about how to use that character and not how to master the whole game.

Seer Bael

10-05-2011

upping the cooldown encourages players to not miss those 6 or 7 skill-shots and teaches them to be conservative spell timing and being able to accurately coordinate a champs abilities.
Reducing cooldowns encourages players to increase their skill level...by not simply spamming spells to win

illundreal

10-05-2011

I find it funny that they nerfed his lategame damage instead of his early game burst due to high base damage.

His level 2 ganks were more of an issue than his late game damage. Basically this nerf will do nothing.

ahp22

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuggernaut View Post
I fully understand some minor nerf to Lee Sin incoming, and that is what we got.

However - these nerfs have made Lane Lee Sin extremely *sh!tty*.

Let me explain: Lane Lee Sin's advantage was being melee, and being able to still last hit from a distance with Q,and getting out quickly with W. At lvl 1, the cooldown was pretty high for its utility. Now they nerfed his range on W as well!

TL;DR: Cool down nerf was stupid - damage scaling was fine, maybe even too little. Take his scaling to .8 and reduce his cooldowns back to where they were or even slightly less on Sonic Wave.
L2P him

Grunghole

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

So wait, wait, wait.

They gave him a light nerf, and now he's unplayable?

Go back under your bridge.

Soga no Tojiko

10-05-2011

i don't see how those 2 small nerfs did anything really big to him