Ding sound for chat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cpypcy

09-21-2009

Make some ding bing or whatever sound when someone writes something in chat different for enemy and team damn it's so freaking annoying this quiet i miss like 50% of chat all the time!
And those sounds must be heard good not some quite subtle sounds - or better make more options, and sound for voting options as well. Most players will not see it. Because it does not make sound now.

feardragon

09-21-2009

I'm actually rather in support of this idea. Often times I feel like I say something important in chat and people don't seem to notice until it's too late(such as saying "top lane, they're coming to gank you! Back off!" and then he sees it 10 seconds later when they actually get to him and he dies anyways. =[ ).

I think something subtle would do just fine, similar to the ping on the map. Either way, if you're afraid people will find it annoying(or it'll be abused by people spamming chat), just create an option to disable chat sound notifications?

OneSilverBullet

09-21-2009

These are great, guys - it's good to have these threads to refer the team to as well. Thanks for taking the time to post.

UrQuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2009

This still needs implementing!!!!

Void19

10-08-2009

I would love to see this implemented. I miss chat notices in game all the time. I find it especially hard if I'm playing an arranged game with a few people in vent and we have one or two pugs on our team as well. It is extremely easy to overlook the chat window completely.

Prometheus

10-12-2009

I think a "ding" sound would get annoying, but a "click" (like in Warcraft 3) would work quite well.

Cpypcy

10-12-2009

I'm still not hearing anything. No pip from chat no tada when voting option pop up. Just put something there!

UrQuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2009

New patch, new reminder. I really want to read chat when its important and having sound would help a great deal!

UrQuan

10-22-2009

I'm going to keep posting here till it happens, uh, to support a cause.

Cpypcy

10-23-2009

Me too