Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[OPEN RP] Beyond the Veil [Noobs Welcome]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necromonger

10-07-2011

(( http://thelolfansite.com/forum/17-character-posts/1382-cassandra-irene-the-bride-of-death ))

((What the hey. I'll go with it for a short while. ))

Right outside the temple, one of the archeology team's security staff leaned against the wall. Despite having been told to watch the temple entrance, she had fallen slightly sick from the heat. Cassandra peeked at Poruku as he passed by. "I'm sorry, give me a minute..." she said.

She had signed on for this job to get away from Zaun, to get in touch with her adventurous side. The lack of human contact, and the unusually hot sun though, proved to be difficult for Cassandra. She vomited readily, as her medical cyborg assistant delivered some medication.

The last half hour of disturbance had gone largely ignored by Cassandra, staining her otherwise good mercenary name. She was supposed to be in charge of dealing with problems- but was sick from heat stroke. She wiped her lips, and tied her hair to allow her to put her helmet back on. During the day, the Bride of Death's carapace was a plain suit of armor with a large backpack- the skull and death motifs were hidden, and the slight hum of techmatheurgical energy coursing through the suit could be heard.

"Hey... wait up. What's going on?" She waved at Poruku to pause for a moment. "You know if there's trouble I'm supposed to... to..." She massaged her temple. Now a migraine. excellent.

Ovalusc1

10-07-2011

As the alchemist walked by, Vintath's ward activated. "No, no, wait, don't!" He yelled, but it was too late, and there was a crackling of magic and the alchemist was hit with enough magical force to send a young elephant flying. Vintath deactivated the ward just after he had been hit. "Oops."

Jaykoboy

10-07-2011

Ivan facepalmed. "Great, look what you've done now. At this rate, we're never going to get into the temple. Come on, you'll have to come with me, you klutz. Yelgrath, if you're heading in my direction, you can come, as well. And please...someone wake up that alchemist."

When no one responded, Ivan formed a small crescent moon out of violet energy. Tossign it at the unconscious alchemist, it hit him hard in the side, sending a lancing bolt of energy across his body. The small crescent faded away as the man sat up, pulling himself back towards the group.

Ivan pulled the man up to his legs, patting the dust off his back. "Don't worry, it was just an accident. Grab your sack, and we can go. No hurry, not yet."

Jaykoboy

10-07-2011

Ivan suddenly felt a searing bolt of pain strike his body. There was sin nearby...the worst of all. Sin affected him worse than other Soulweavers, like his partner, Liadne. She had stayed behind in Demacia, but still...

The presence of blood. It wasn't fresh...no, not even real. But it was there. Not murder...cannibalism. He felt his own soul tremor, like a chord on an ehwat. He could barely stand. Ignoring the others, he made his way deeper into the tomb, trying to get away from the aura of death.

((Necromonger, not that I have anything against you--in fact, characters like yours tend to be my favorites--but please, make her cannibalism a bit more toned down. From the beginning of Ivan's creation, around July, he's been sensitive to things like that. I can't change the basis of his character, but yours seems a bit newer, so there's room for improvement.))

Necromonger

10-07-2011

Cassandra collected herself from her illness. The medicine worked for now, but she'd need to find a fresh food source soon enough. She realized the blood packs were empty for some reason- she forgot to refill them. The medicine only worked to suppress her hunger...

She cussed, and slowly followed the group into the tomb, Chain sabre in hand, her armor providing illumination. Eventually, he would catch up with the rest of the expedition- she had some explaining to do really, a security officer not protecting the people under her care.

The light from her armor would extend far and penetrate deep darkness. She spots Ivan and Yelgrath, the hextech lights providing much greater illumination than normal torches.

YamiBelgarath

10-07-2011

Yelgrath doubled over laughing as the chemist flew into a wall and collapsed. Clearly, while a genius with chemicals, that man had no magical sight whatsoever. Composing himself, he ignored the soul-weaver while he revived the alchemist, and continued his study of the boy. Clearly a reasonably strong force mage, the teenager also had powerful wards. Yelgrath would have to keep an eye on that one- those tools were too good to be wasted. In the meantime, he noted that Ivan's face had grown pale. Something was clearly bothering the man. Making a mental note to investigate, Yelgrath launched himself through the air, spiralling lazing as he followed Ivan down into the tomb.
((just in case there's confusion, Ivan revived the chemist, not Yelgrath- the elemental -did not- revive the man))

Ovalusc1

10-07-2011

As Ivan revived the man, Vintath followed the rest of the group, noting that the elemental seemed to be studying him. I'm not sure I trust him. He thought.

Poruku

10-07-2011

(( Please don't RP my character's responses to other people's posts. Thanks. ))

Poruku laid on the ground for a moment. He stared over at the ill looking security guard. He has realized he tripped some magic and it hit him. Embarrassment aside, he regained his breath after being thoroughly winded. He heard the others talking but was in no shape to process their thoughts after that blast. He realized they were walking into the temple, though.

When he felt his air come back, he reached into his backpack and pulled out some essential tools. A coin of rowan, which he could rub with his hands to protect against unseen forces... Perhaps a ward in the future. Gloves of the alchemist society, which would let him express his emotion into things he touched. And lastly an tiny emerald ring. A constant reminder of the emerald tablet all alchemists searched for.

When he was ready, he folded the coin over and over again in his hand, within his pocket, as he walked into the temple and follow the ones who had already entered. And this time he was on guard.

ChampChar

10-07-2011

(( ok here's my character please note that hes not as strong as this makes him seem http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1100 ))
As Avaris watched the group progress throughout the temple he looked shortly into the future and saw them being destroyed unless he intervened.((ok I know that technically him deciding to go would change the future but basically hes looking at a set of possibilities and still something unforeseen could pop up and change the possibilities)) Since he had always had a flair for flashy entrances he transported to where they were about to be with a display of golden energy.

Ovalusc1

10-08-2011

A flare of golden energy appeared infront of them, and Vintath immediately trapped it in a level 3 pentacle of binding. The white pentacle glowed on the floor around it, preventing anything from exiting or entering it unless it was magically powerful.
((For those who don't know, the higher Vintath's magic gets the less powerful it is. Level 1 is the most powerful. Also, this is a picture of a pentacle))