[OPEN RP] Beyond the Veil [Noobs Welcome]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

10-04-2011

Okay, I'm new to the RP scene, but I get their general idea. I'm really not sure how those profiles work, though, so I'm not asking that you create one if you want to join. When you first join, just post basic backstory to your guy, maybe some art, their name, what they can do, and whatever else you can think of. Like their favorite food, maybe. Anyways, I'll just start you guys off, and we'll see how it goes from there. Pretty much the only rules are:
1: No killing real people's RPs. It's just not nice, unless you have their permission.
2: If you want to get out, ask one of the more bloodthirsty RPs to kill you OOC (In double parantheses, like below)
((I am an RP noob))
3: You are allowed to kill NPCRPs as much as you want to, as long as it isn't detrimental to the storyline. If they're necessary, I reserve the right to resurrect with a reserve RP. BTW, NPCRPs are Non Player Characters. I'll use my other accounts to control them (DS Jaykoboy and HW Jaykoboy) and they will always have NPC at the top.
4: No pervertedness. If I see nudity, perverted jokes, derisive comments, or anything else that could be considered perverted, I also reserve the right to smite your character with another RP in the reserves. A smitten RP can be revived, but only once.
5: Have fun! If your idea of fun is cracking a perverted joke every other post, I think you wouldn't do so well on this. No one can hear you in death's realm.

Okay, my starter RP is named Ivan Blackson. He has the ability to manipulate the soul of others, each one an individual thread. He also has the powers of teleportation. His hair and skin should be totally bleached, and his eyes should be golden. There should be a scar across his left eye, as well. His cloaks should be black-and-brown leather, with his overcoat having coattails in the shape of elongated ace of spades. His power will stem from his gauntlets. My reserve RPs are Umbra (The smiter) and Verus (The resurrecter). They'll be described in due course. Anyways, on with the show!

Jaykoboy

10-04-2011

Ivan walked down the ancient corridors of a temple in the Shurima Desert. Recently, it had been unearthed by Xerath, when he escaped from his bonds, but Ivan was too curious. For months now, he had been picking up odd signals from the area, signals resonating a deep, ancient chord. There were archeologists all around, but he didn't care. They couldn't stop him. When one finally did at the entrance to the inner sanctum, he was batted aside with a wave from his hand.

The one burden of his gauntlets was their individual spirits. One whispered to him softly, as if it were his lover. "Oh, Ivan, Ivan, Ivan, why must we investigate? There is no danger here. Many will be angry at you for this."

The other one seemed to laugh loudly in his other. "Oh, don't you believe her. We have all to gain and nothing to lose. What's the worst that could happen? Someone coming along for the ride, at most. Just do it!"

Ivan groaned. "Just shut up, okay? I'm going in, but only because of the energy released. I'm the only one that can take care of it, as far as I'm aware of."

((I think that cinches it for right now. Feel free for whatever.))

Ovalusc1

10-05-2011

((If you're going to downvote someone, don't be a coward and not state why you downvoted them. (Talking to the guy who downvoted you then didn't leave a reason) Also, I think I will join this.))

Ovalusc1

10-05-2011

((My Character: http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1065))
"Who are you talking to?" Asked Vintath to the man talking seemingly to no one. Vintath slid down the dune he was standing on to become level with the man.

Poruku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

(( My characater: http://thelolfansite.com/forum/17-ch...-and-alchemist ))

Poruku had been in his tent while the archaeologists were bustling around. He had the lucky opportunity to be invited onto this dig, even though the heat made it seem horribly unlucky. He had brought his alchemical equipment and prepared some basic things for what he would be doing.

His plan was to study the architecture, but a recent release of energy had him worried this trip would end badly. He left his tent and noticed two men that were not familiar out by the temple. He watched as one approached the other.

YamiBelgarath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1084 ((Not finished, but definitely understandable))
The energy in the air was getting irritating. Those idiots from the League had done it again- they woke another terror in the night. This one was manageable even for them, fortunately- a Magus Ascendant, while certainly stronger than your average sewer rat, was nothing major in the larger scale. But recently something else was stirring- the idiot Magus, in freeing himself, had emitted a fairly intense burst of energy...possibly enough to have awakened more powerful antagonists. Yelgrath floated across the sky, scanning the desert for signs of energy disruption. He suddenly detected the movement of power: someone was using soul magic. Surprised, Yelgrath moved in for a closer look, spying a man with soul-guantlets. The man looked different from anything he had ever seen before, and that was saying something. Coasting between two columns, he landed gently a few hundred yards behind him and prepared to introduce himself.

Ovalusc1

10-06-2011

((This takes place while Xerath is in the institue of war, not just after the tomb had been opened, though, right?))

Jaykoboy

10-06-2011

Ivan smiled. "Oh, no one, sir. Just a little...problem. Okay?"

He turned, trying to continue away from the other man, but he noticed something was...off about the aura of the place. There was a presence here, one far older than anything he had known...one tumultuous like the storm, a powerful presence. Focusing on it, the image of a bright concentration of power appeared in the area behind him. He whirled around. "Alright, whoever you are, better come out now. I am armed."

An old man floated out from behind a pair of pillars, a man who, although apparently human, was swirling with chaotic, stormy energy. "Who are you?"

Ovalusc1

10-06-2011

As the boy spoke and the man floated out from the pillars, Vintath made a warding sign with his staff. It was a level 2 ward of deflection, which would deflect powerful projectiles.

YamiBelgarath

10-06-2011

Yelgrath laughed softly- this one was better than the average. Soul detection was a fine art- though Yelgrath, who hadn't bothered with magic stealth for centuries, wasn't exactly hiding himself. He slipped between the pillars, approaching the young man. Though Yelgrath couldn't read souls, he didn't need to to see that whoever he was, the man was powerful in his own right. Yelgrath had encountered soul mages before- some were better than others, and few could resist the taint inherit in controlling another's soul. This one, however, seemed to being doing a better job than average. Yelgrath had experience in reading physiques, and this one spoke of curiosity rather than greed.
With the best reassuring smile he could conjure, Yelgrath replied "I am the Wind and Lightning elemental known as Yelgrath Decadian. I assume you detected the energy waves here, and came to visit the source, just as I did. No need to fear- I have no harmful intentions, child. I merely am driven by curiosity. Now, are we going to proceed or just wait and chitchat while whatever stirs down there does so without the benefit of our presence?"