Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

If all 5 heros have ignite, can they stack?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyuketsuki

Recruiter

06-14-2010

honestly I view ignite as more of an annoyance but doesn't contribute to the team fight much except against mundo. Exhaust is a much better skill in team fights and if you pop it early in ganks you will get that last hit you "need" to use ignite for.

Pissfer

Recruiter

06-14-2010

Umm... MAGES! Mages can't get that last hit because they're, well... mages

Cantor

06-15-2010

I find it's usually an early game extra source of damage. You don't have much time when you're ganking someone, often you shouldn't save it for when they run away, just throw it on whenever you're not using your other abilities. Heroes only have so much burst damage, and you need to kill the hero before they get away to their turret.

LaFeur

09-02-2010

im kinda surprised at some of these comments. I use ignite with almost every champ, especially early game it is extremely effective weather you use it to finish off a champ and run away alive, or use it near the end so u can get an additional 10 ability power (if u have the mastery) to finish them off. Ignite is very useful against many champions that are doing life steal, in fact its the first item i make sure i use on someone when they are doing a life steal build, such as YI, xin, vlad, sion. If they depend on their life steal, and are not healing for as much, your chances of winning the fight increase by, "50%"

Mentono

09-02-2010

i use ignite and ghost on everything....

Laokin

09-03-2010

Ignite + Exhaust for Assassin's like Akali. You have two anti escapes + high burst damage. My motto is there is no escape.

Not to mention, Ignite scales with your level,and on squishy characters can take 1/4 of the life bar at 18 vs 18. 18 Akali v 18 Teemo, Akali ignite - teemo lost a quarter life which saves her a stack on shadow dash.

This can make the difference between having 2 kills or having none or at best a trade, kill then die.

Extremely useful. Sometimes the best uses for things aren't the most obvious.

Vainfall

09-03-2010

I find that ignite really only has a purpose vs champions that are healers, plain and simple.

Exhaust would add more damage, Ghost would add more damage, and Flash would likely add more damage, along with all three of those having defensive utility too.