If all 5 heros have ignite, can they stack?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MindlessLegend

06-08-2010

Lets say all 5 heros used ignite on 1 champion at same time, would they then do 2,500 dmg with stacking?

icallbotsolo

06-08-2010

No. You can only have 1 ignite active on you at a time.

In theory though, all 5 players can time their ignites, so that they each start when the other person's ends.

Also, if all 5 players ignite the same target at the same time. He will suffer the initial inigte dmg from all 5, but only take the debuff and DoT from one ignite.

Convergence

06-08-2010

Ignite does not stack, but that doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't get it if others on your team does.
It can amount to 2500 damage if you use them in succession, but I don't really know what teamfights last that long. It should mainly be used to ensure a finish on a target your attacking, to block out potential last moment heals.

JonnyThinkChamp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2010

I usually always hold out, let someone else burn theirs, then if needed, slap yours on the target. Ignite CAN do a lot of damage, so try not to stack/waste it.

Skeletal Fury

06-09-2010

Like said before, ignite's DoT doesn't stack. Sidenote, get a mundo near dead, let him use his ult, ignite him, nuke him, hilarity ensues.

Lil Will

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2010

Using it also refreshes the debuff.

fmwyso

Recruiter

06-13-2010

Ignite is one of the "no skill" skills in the game. It is basically clearly stating, "I do not posses the ability to actually deal enough damage to kill you so I am going to simply use a summoner spell to do so." It is MUCH better, overall, to simply grab exhaust/ghost/etc. so you can actually have a strategic standpoint in the game instead of a no-skill skill.

Munchos90

06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmwyso View Post
Ignite is one of the "no skill" skills in the game. It is basically clearly stating, "I do not posses the ability to actually deal enough damage to kill you so I am going to simply use a summoner spell to do so." It is MUCH better, overall, to simply grab exhaust/ghost/etc. so you can actually have a strategic standpoint in the game instead of a no-skill skill.
No that is not true, Ignite is "the last hit" like say you are Twisted Fate and you almost kill some one but they are about to run past their turret but you cant take a hit from the turret so Ignite the person then profit

Pissfer

06-13-2010

Agreed with Munchos. Especially as a mage, as they often don't have enough to finish without it. Also, the fact that it gives a healing debuff makes it much more strategical, especially if you are facing a team with healers on it. If you want to know what a "no skill" skill is, take a look at the last one that everyone receives. AKA - FLASH

Miserable Failure_

Banned

06-14-2010

I usually take ignite for its healing debuff. If you're laning against a soraka or taric, it is really the only way to kill a person in that lane.