Every game I play as Poppy people cry "poppy op"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2011

I feel like her main strength is her Ult. Many many many times you have to go 1v2 or 1v3 even. Normally you just evaporate. But poppy can dump her Ult on the first dude that charges her and ignore 100% of the damage from the other one or two. This is pretty huge and Ive played Poppy against two charging oppoents and come out on top. Is it cuz I am so skilled? Pff. no.
Its cuz my ult made me immune to the heavy DPSer since I dumped it onthe tanky DPS, then I charged the DPSer and beat him up.
Then after he died, I turned my attention to the tanky DPS and was barely able to take him down.

I personally never "two shot" anyone. Even when trying AP and lichbane it just didn't happen. So I went Triforce, PD and went for more sustainable damage output (and turbo speed to boot)

Ofooie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-05-2011

only thing i see tat is op is that she does alot of dmg long before you can build a defence to it. so early game ya op. late game if you build right not rly op at all.

Hades1134

10-05-2011

i dont think shes op but everything about dominion makes poppy so much stronger then on summoners because the buff fixes every issue i found when playing poppy then increases her damage output

also if u have the right mastries and runes combined with CR buff she ignores your resistances so u cant rlly build against her untill the game is already over

point being i think the pasive from Dominion is op not poppy lol

Stimuz

10-05-2011

shes strong as hell but i dont think shes op

orakio

10-05-2011

Just building hp doesn't really work considering her Q is %hp damage and MR only works until she picks up void staff. Reality is poppy's biggest weakness from SR is inability to farm, and that is gone in CS.

I wouldn't say OP but definitely top tier and amazing in both AD and AP builds.

Ayestes

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnmish View Post
OP Poppy.... OP Jax..... OP Akali.... OP Singed..... OP Rammus...... OP Shaco ... OP Heimer ... OP Trynd ..... OP Kass ..... OP Panth .... OP Nocturne ...... OP Riven ...... OP Lee Sin ...... OP Gangplank.

At some stage we should just call them viable and identify the ones that suck instead.
you take that logic back! we don't want want your common sense on these forums!

Ytinasni

10-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeineJunky View Post
It could be this, but the literal string provided to me doesn't suggest that.

The problematic word here is 'exceeds'. Typically exceeds is interchangeable with 'greater than', so the statement would read:

"Any damage that is greater than ten percent of Poppy's current health is reduced by 50%."

To change this statement to have the meaning that you think is true, I would say it that it should say this:

"The excess of any damage that exceeds ten percent of Poppy's currently health is reduced by 50%."

So if this is what Riot intends, then they should change the passive's description.

It is correct, any damage *dealt* over 10% of her health is reduced, as in you do 10% of her health on any given >10% attack the rest of the damage dealt is reduced, the wording is somewhat confusing, but test it, if you make an attack that would do 10% of her health all 100% is done, if you make an attack that does 11% of her health it does not do 5.5% but instead 10.05%

EDIT: on the terms of "OPness" of poppy, she is hardly op on dom, in fact, I'd rather have a different toon on my team, yes she is exceptional at disrupting 1-2 players and bursting someone down, she lacks any sort of hard CC or AOE and being melee she has to get close meaning if you have 3 people capping a turret ~intelligently~ (as in, not all clustered on the same spot and actually spread out) then she has basically no chance of interrupting the cap or disrupting them long enough for support to arrive, additionally, she like every other CD based champ is tied down by her CD's meaning she isnt particularly effective at 1v1ing a halfway intelligent AD carry unless she uses her ult and is able to burst them down.

I have had no problems dealing with the majority of the "op" champions in dominion save for a rammus stacking zeals and just capping every point ever.