Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Every game I play as Poppy people cry "poppy op"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ikarurob

10-04-2011

only at windmill point....the walls are really close

fourcat

10-04-2011

I prefer to play a champion like Blitzcrank that can perform specific, unique functions and just PLAY BETTER than the "op" champs. It's amazing what happens when 5 players work together, communicate, use builds reflective of their needs, and rely on skill over circumstance.

larkhill

10-04-2011

Quote:
Ikarurob:
only at windmill point....the walls are really close

and the entire jungle...

Ikarurob

10-04-2011

Quote:
fourcat:
I prefer to play a champion like Blitzcrank that can perform specific, unique functions and just PLAY BETTER than the "op" champs. It's amazing what happens when 5 players work together, communicate, use builds reflective of their needs, and rely on skill over circumstance.

what? Communicate? play together? This is League of Legends. Not League of Teamwork.

Rossa Auster

10-04-2011

When playing popping its best to:

/all "Poppy, the champion with OP built right into the name."

Then watch the rage and people just give up early on. Easy wins.

Raidarc

10-04-2011

Well, when I play Poppy I enjoy smashing them and hammering their face against the wall for like 90% of their health. If that's not OP I don't know what is. You get MR? I buy Void Staff. The farm Poppy is able to obtain from Crystal Scar makes her viable there where she takes a lot more work in Summoner's Rift.

Unlike Akali.
Where she is OP on both maps.
The biggest problem with Akali is her sustain in lane. With the Hextech Revolver she is as good in lane than Lanerwick was.

ShinRyuuken

10-04-2011

Poppy? Op? Are you people insane? She's easy to tear down, of course since most players that use her don't know how to effectively play her.

Most poppy players:
****, I'm getting hurt pretty bad. This guy is a nuisance, I'mma ult the squishy and go after the strongest guy. Wait...the squishy can still hurt me...whoops. Dead.

On dominion she is stronger, because there is more terrain for her to crash into. Otherwise, she's the same.

ForgottenSoup

10-05-2011

Working as intended.

BigDaddyDelish

10-05-2011

The only issue I have with Poppy is her passive in combination with her ultimate. Really, I'm fine that she does **** tons of burst damage and moves fast as ****, I'm honestly ok with that, but her natural survivability is pretty nuts, and not as easily countered as someone like Akali's.

That passive can block quite literally over 1000 points of damage from a burst caster's rotation, and her ultimate makes her immune from not just damage from all but one target but also any effects those spells may have. That's a LOT of built-in survivability, and considering her most glaring flaw (farm potential) is completely nullified in Dominion, it's easy to feel as though Poppy has so much going for her, and not very much against her.

SeCKS Egai

10-05-2011

She's not OP. Last game I had a poppy who apparently one shot a heimer. Really doubt that was the case, but even if it did happen, not building some hp somewhere on Crystal is just foolish.

I did hear quite a few complaints about the poppy. But the people most vocal about complaints like that are going to find something to complain about.

I honestly like how Poppy actually gets to be effective since she doesn't have to rely on a laning phase like in SR, where she struggles. She actually has walls to pin people too.