Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riven vs Renekton

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marby

10-03-2011

I'm a pretty good Renekton. Not the best but fairly good. (though I've been trying to get better with Shen recently)

I usually get several kills and hardly die with Renek, yet when I fight a Riven I always seem to lose to her.
In fact, 95% of the games that I play as Renekton and I have to lane against a Riven (Be it solo or duo) I always seem to lose.

This is not a QQ but I'd like to ask:
How do you deal with Riven?

LordLegato

10-03-2011

Largely the same champ, keep mobile her W has pathetic range, your stun is longer, you can shred her armor making her shield worthless.

Riven is basically Renekton w/AoE instead of single target and an actual passive. Though Ren has better shred/actual sustain.

So in the laning phase you can out sustain her.

pig of denmark

10-04-2011

wasnt riven made to be able to take on 2 melee fighter types?

Tibbers Bot

10-04-2011

Xypherous liked his Renekton so much he made a better version of him.

Jermizzle80

10-04-2011

renek can take on 2 melee fighters and in the right situation can 1v2 a lot of champs but it has to be early game.

you got to fight most champs when you hit level 6, because i have never lost a fight at level 6 with renekton his ult is to crazy.

renek can still 1v1 a lot of champs late game but against riven it is actually hard because the late game is where riven gets a lot of her power.

iTedRo

10-04-2011

Quote:
pig of denmark:
wasnt riven made to be able to take on 2 melee fighter types?

This certainly doesn't mean she can. Riven is designed to get in fast, burst and get out (just like me knowhatimsayin), so laning and trying to out sustain her is hard.

Putzfrau

10-04-2011

you can out sustain her and out maneuver her. your stun is also infinitely better then hers will ever be. if you poke her a little bit with Q or e ->w->e to escape she wont out last you. her burst is only slightly higher then reneks but reneks sustain is vastly superior.

renekton is hands down the better and more viable champion, especially solo top.

Beaumains

10-04-2011

Riven is a melee AD hard-carry, like Tryn used to be. Renekton is more of a tanky DPS type. You deal with her the same way you deal with all melee carries: CC + damage + kiting (if possible). Riven is rather squishy, even with her shield, while Renekton is rather tanky. Try to fight her in larger engagements where you can Cull creeps & others to keep your health up. Prioritize the triple-strike stun, and get Cleaver if you're not already - she won't have much armor - so the flat AR reduction will do more than the %.

Beat her down - you do less damage, but she has less health.

Don't forget that you can Slice through walls; she has no such escape/chase.

Kuriby

10-04-2011

1v1 situations with the same CS farm. It REALLY depends on players knowledge and skill engagement situational. But I would say Riven wins 1v1 due to more CC.

Personally, I much rather have a Riven then a Renekton on my team. Why? Riven's over mobility in jungling/counter jungling is superb. Renekton is good at solo top, but many champions are better. Few champions can beat Riven in the jungle.

EliardClaw

10-04-2011

Well it depends. If it would be me, I would try gathering some fury at first level, W her on second level as soon as she leaps in and walk out. Later on try to stun her and dash out of her range before she gets out of the stun. Besides that consider that she doesn't have a way to heal herself, so if you do some decent Q's you can heal (even if just a little) and maybe some pots.

If that weren't to work I think I would get some armor, all her damage is physic, so getting some early armor shuts her down easily (though i would like to try a 1v1 with doran's