Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Akali in every game (not a nerf thread)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

That Other Guy

10-03-2011

I've noticed that lately I haven't gotten into a single Dominion match that didn't have at least 1 Akali. Granted she's a strong champion in Dominion, but I find it odd that she's in every game. Are others experiencing the same? If so why do you think this is? Please give real responses, not just stuff like "she's OP"

Aikimiller

10-03-2011

Akali is extremely strong in an environment like the current dominion meta (or lack thereof). A good skillset for skirmishes, combined with high damage + the penetration of the dominion buff is a lethal combination.

Because of this, she's become Flavor of the Month.

Yamatak

10-03-2011

the crystal scar buff, the fact she can get better items in dominion right off the bat and that people don't get hextech sweeper to stop her shroud make her a perfect choice for the fast gameplay and since she can chase like crazy with her r, death will follow. and if its not an akali in the match it'll be a jax

VanguardGeneralZ

10-03-2011

The entire thing about Akali is because she's an "assassin" they can attempt to justify her killing every squishy for 300 km around her due to her 3x flash. I mean wow, really?

Blanic

10-03-2011

I really have to play akali again then,or jax, or why not both
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blanic the wave cleaner
vote and coment: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1295748

Mysterage

10-03-2011

Because in Dominion...she's OP.

No, really, that's my serious response! I've seen a single, as in O-N-E Akali in the past week of playing almost non-stop Dominion matches that has not ranked as either 1st or 2nd place for points.

That Other Guy

10-03-2011

I haven't payed much attention to rank, I'll have to start doing that. I know I've seen a rank4 Akali though. At any rate it should definitely be looked into by RIOT to see whether she's OP or just popular.

SHOE788

10-03-2011

Assassins are extremely good in dominion because of smaller skirmishes.

Dragull

10-03-2011

Actually the most common champion in Dominion has to be Rammus...

rmeofone

10-03-2011

dominion towers offer no cover, so the value of her shroud increased significantly