Which champ would you date?

1234511 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

belthazor3457

10-02-2011

This post has recieved a fourth edit to update the chart and point reubric and add in a mathematics table. The 4th edit is dated april 1st. No trollface.

Yeah, you heard me. I've seen 9001 threads about which champs should be paired with eachother, but who would YOU date if given the chance, and why?

Also, which members of the opposite gender would you avoid (and why)?

...what? Don't look at me like that. Everyone familiar with me knows my answer already.

EDIT: - TALLY UPDATED Current tally for "would date rank 1's as of the 4th post down on the 13th page, Dated April 1st.

Female Likes

Lux 7.50
Nidalee 3
Morgana 2.50
Ashe 1
Sona 9
Leona 4
Caitlyn 2
Katarina 5 (counting the Author's like)
Riven 8.50
Cassi 3
Evelynn 1
Vayne 1
Irelia 1.50
LeBlanc 1
Soraka 1
Miss Fortune 1
Akali 1.50
Janna 0.50
Sivir 0.50
Kayle 1.50
Annie (ADULT ANNIE) 1

Female Dislikes

Katarina 3
Cassi 5
Vayne 2
LeBlanc 2
Eve 2
Morgana 2
Kayle 1
Annie 2 (both due to age)
Orianna 1
Akali 1
Sona 1

Results of subtracting Female dislikes from likes

Lux 7.50
Nidalee 3
Morgana -0.50
Ashe 1
Sona 8
Leona 4
Caitlyn 2
Katarina 2
Riven 8.50
Cassi -2 (Negative)
Evelynn -1 (Negative)
Vayne -1 (Negative)
Irelia 1.50
LeBlanc -1 (Negative)
Soraka 1
Miss Fortune 1
Akali 0.50
Janna 0.50
Sivir 0.50
Kayle 0.50
Adult annie 1
Current annie -2 (Negative)
Orianna -1 (Negative)

Male Likes

Swain 1
Twisted Fate 2.50
garen 2.25
Yi 0.25
Jarvan 0.25
Xin 0.75
Xerath 1
Pantheon 1

Male Dislikes

Shen 1
jarvan 1
Udyr 1
Taric 1
Twisted Fate 1

Results for Males after subtracting dislikes from likes

Swain 1
Twisted fate 1.50
Garen 2.25
Yi 0.25
Pantheon 1
Xerath 1
Jarvan -0.75 (Negative)
Xin 0.75
Taric -1 (Negative)
Shen -1 (Negative)
Udyr -1 (Negative)

Votes to not date any regardless of gender = 2

WINNERS -

Top 3 for female likes -

Sona 9
Riven 8.50
Lux 7.50

Top 3 for females after factoring in dislikes -

Riven 8.50
Sona 8
Lux 7.50

Sona wins overall female votes. Riven wins mitigated votes.

Top 2 male likes -

Twisted Fate 2.50
Garen 2.25

Results for both after negative application -

Garen 2.25
Twisted fate 1.50

Twisted Fate wins overall male votes. Garen wins mitigated votes.

Continuation of the new chart edit, dated April 1st

The chart has been updated to include total likes, total dislikes, and the results after subtracting likes from dislikes. I do regret leaving this thread unupdated for such a long period of time, but it apparently got lost when I wound up in the hospital.

For anyone wondering why Ahri or Fiora are not on the list, the answer is probably because those champions did not exist yet. So if any of you wish to hook up with Ziggs for example, let me know who you originally voted for and if you would like your vote changed.

Once again, the point grading reubric is each person can grant one point to a champion in likes. Dislikes can be more than one. If you can't decide between 2, your point is split (hence the 0.50's) and if you have a list of three or four, only the first is awarded a point.

April 1st Author's notes -

Personally I am a little surprised at the results.

Miss Fortune had only one person interested and Janna had only a split vote, and Evelynn went negative.

After mitigation, Akali only had a split vote and no other interest.

Ashe only had one vote.

Caitlyn seems to be a very popular champion and only had two.

For a long time, Katarina remained negative, but after I edited in a long rant about her, she started getting votes and is no longer negative. Yay.

LeBlanc after mitigation went negative. Didn't we just have a thread hijacked for LeBlanc art recently?

I had wondered if people would have a lack of interest in Miss Fortune due to the way her personality is portrayed and if some of that would carry over to Janna and Evelynn, but I can't say that happening took me by surprise.

What did appear to me as odd was the lack of interest in Akali and Ashe. There's so many fanfics involving them, one would figure there would have been some more interest. Tempts me to write about them.

~End of the April 1st update~

(Apparently our wanton women cannot select just one, so I had to do calculations for multiple "Tie scores" - each of you ladies only get to throw in one point for your favorite, so dividing means I have to split your point >.>)

Not dating any of them regardless of gender: 2 votes

Anyway, as for the list of people to avoid, the clear-defined winner has been the Du Couteau Sisters, and if we tally up the "Like the du couteau sisters or at least one of them" and then factor in the "avoid" list, We still end up with both of them in the negative. Someone even went out of their way to call them the "Demon sisters". Ouch.

I might be compelled to edit in / post my own thoughts on the matter if I see one more negative post 'bout those two >.>

SECOND EDIT for the tally update: It would seem that Riven has pulled ahead and is now in the lead. A few other ladies have been added to the list. Katarina and Cassiopeia remain the most hated (c'mon, don't make me make a post about them... if I read one more saying they're evil, I swear...).

For anyone wondering - the point setup is, your favorite gets a point. Second place and such are not factored in. If you can't decide between two, the point is split.

THIRD EDIT - dated 10/19

While still the "most hated", the Du Couteau sisters are finally out of the negative in terms of like-to-dislike ratio. I'll fix the chart later, but first I'll post this: my take on the Du Couteau sisters. The final provokation to make me decide to spend the time writing and posting that bit, come from this quote from page 12...

Quote:
If you can't handle Cassi
you're just not a man.
Like me. Who isn't a man.
Cassiopeia definitely has a nice side. So what if a lady can be violent sometimes. Would you rather your woman be some defenseless Foal?
Yeaaaap, that comment definately offers a little provocation.

So, for anyone interested in my own take: my personal choice of who I would date is without a doubt, Katarina. The above quote states my opinion rather clearly.

Despite how bloody or violent someone's day job may require them to be, and regardless of the fact that the person may very much enjoy their bloody work, that has absolutely no bearing on who they are as an individual person in their unrelated personal lives and personal time. Any higher "rates" of people like that not being nice to their closest friends and family is purely statistical.

As someone who is very familiar with people who reach a mental state of being borderline-sociopath and similar, I can tell you truthfully that even if someone is, for example, a professional torture master whom very much enjoys their job, despite being sociopathic in the way they treat most people, those in this position often create a "bubble" which they place their closest friends and family in, whom they will care about just as much, if not more, than any ordinary person would (and -more- is rather common, because people in that mental state often don't have a wide selection of friends and family who will accept them for who they are, and will not judge them, regardless of what they've done or continue to do).

It always gets under my skin when people are judgemental of characters like Katarina, Teemo, etc.

I absolutely do not have the slightest concern with dating Katarina. I know I will wake up the next morning when I go to sleep with her because I know how people in that position think and act, and the majority are not as emotionally void as society likes to claim that they are. Society just likes creating scapegoats to blame for the world's problems to make them feel better about themselves.

Any other details I might want or need about Katarina when considering the persuit of a relationship could be addressed rather easily just by going on a few dates with her. But I'll tell you a little secret... because I know a few about women:

Intelligent women respect guys who have balls, even if you may disagree with them on certain topics. Healthy and long-lasting relationships are, usually, not built on lies - nor are mutually respectful ones. If you ever order the same thing as your date when you take her to a restraunt just because you want to convince her you have similar tastes, SHAME ON YOU.

Personally, I'd only settle for a very intelligent woman IRL. Why chase small game when you can be a big game hunter? Isn't a relationship like that so much more fulfilling?

In response to the above quote on the woman to be defenseless... oh, I most certainly hope not!

I'm a bit of a sadist when it comes to the more private scenes. Tell me, if you were me, who's more fun? Intelligent or dumb?

Spoiler alert, the answer is the intelligent one.

So Katarina guts people as part of her living and she enjoys her job. I honestly... don't care all that much. She can go to work torturing people, and later, brag to me about the screaming. My moral compass is satisfied if I'm convinced the person deserved it for a reason. That has absolutely no bearing on how she treats her closest friends and family. None whatsoever. Life is far too short to waste it fussing over smaller details than that. Call me a sociopath for that viewpoint, but HONEY BADGER DON'T CARE.

On another note, I do not like it when people cower in the face of dangerous situations. If I were left doing all the work to, for example, save someone's life, while all that person's spouse was doing was crying and panicking, I'd get very angry very quickly. Been there, done that, and it makes me think our society rewards victimhood a little too much. The last thing I want is a helpless, defenseless woman as my companion. What if someone needs help?

What if -I- need help?

Random bad stuff can happen to anyone. I'm no exception. So, who do you trust with your life, the super-intelligent chick who can handle herself in life-or-death situations, or the easy-to-control panicky woman?

My choice, the intelligent one. A lot of people like to cling to "lesser" people because it makes them feel good about themselves, being up-front better than someone else. But really, as the quote said, if you do that, you're not acting like a man.

...besides, where's the fun for a sadist in pushing down someone in the bedroom and being a lil' bit dominant when the person you're doing it to already comes "pre-bound" from a psychological standpoint? Boring, no challenge, no fun. Not for me anyway.

In all fairness, though, my tastes are... my tastes. Not necessarily a reflection of another person's.

But, you understand my point. At least for me, my choice is the most intelligent, mature woman that I can find who is as screwed up in the head as I am. = )

That's Katarina.

As a bonus, it's nice to find a woman who is non-judgemental of you when you have a rather grey moral compass that others tend to criticize. I might actually enjoy a conversation challenging my moral compass if someone actually presented me with some sort of evidence or rationality to bring against it rather than just their opinion. That would be... refreshing.

Anyway, that's my take on Katarina... and, by extension, Cass... and I suppose you could apply it to any "Capable" women, really.

DFxKazuto

10-02-2011

LOL @ OP

I would date Lux - she seems to know alot about the physics of light, and I'm an Einsteinian, so our first date would be discussing the realms of relativity. And she is pretty darn cute :>

101bottles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2011

I would go for Nidalee for certain. Them OP spear throws. :3 <3 <3 <3

The Du Couteau sisters would probably be my top priority to avoid. They're a crazy pair. O.o

Anrel

10-03-2011

Belth I'm not surprised you're the OP But I've probably said this a load of times but definately Morgana, because the bad angels are definately the best! As for avoiding, I'd probably say Vayne... she scares the hell out of me.

Slayer346

10-03-2011

me id probably go with ashe. I would kind of be worrried that shed freeze me but oh well. I would also like to avoide leblanc she creeps me out a little

SmileyDemon

10-03-2011

Garen cause hes cute. I would avoid Jarvan because hes so full of himself.

Hegoken

10-03-2011

I would go with Sona, she's too **** amazing. We'd make sweet music together lol

Dracorya

10-03-2011

Uh...darn, so many hunks to choose from.

Probably either Yi (we're so compatible!) Garen (if I can get him to loosen up just a tad), maybe Jarvan (see Garen), or Xin (REALLY need to get him to loosen up).

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-03-2011

Lux. She's just too sweet. <3

belthazor3457

10-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101bottles View Post
The Du Couteau sisters would probably be my top priority to avoid.
Huh. Well, to each their own I suppose!

1234511 ... 16