[Guide] Pantheon: Champ Killing Pro

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Revan

06-08-2010

This is my first guide but I hope you all like it. Pantheon is by far my favorite champion in all of LOL. He does massive damage and specializes in killing squishies. My play style is to make sure I do good damage but can still survive in the fight.

Skills:

Spear Shot - Pantheon hurls his spear at an opponent. Pantheon hurls his spear at an opponent dealing 30/40/50/60/70 + 100/110/120/130/140 percent of his attack in physical damage.

Aegis of Zeonia - Pantheon leaps at an enemy and bashes the enemy with his shield, stunning them. After finishing the attack, Pantheon readies himself to block the next attack. Pantheon leaps at the target enemy champion and deals 50/75/100/125/150 (+1) magic damage and stuns them for 1 second. Pantheon also instantly refreshes his Aegis Protection.

Heartseeker Strike - Pantheon focuses and unleashes 5 swift strikes to the area in front of him, dealing double damage to champions. Pantheon also becomes more aware of his enemy's vital spots, allowing him to always crit enemies below 15% health. Passive: Pantheon gains 100% critical strike chance against targets below 15% of their max health.

Active: Pantheon focuses and deals 5 swift strikes in front of him for 6/9/12/15/18 + 18/21/24/27/30% of his weapon damage in physical damage per strike. This attack deals double damage to champions.

Grand Skyfall - Pantheon composes himself then leaps into the air to a target, striking all enemy units in an area. Enemies closer to the impact point take more damage. Pantheon gathers his strength and then leaps high into the air, crashing down at the target area a few seconds later. Deals up to 400/700/1000 (+1) magic damage to units at the center (down to 33% at the edge) and slows them by 35% for 1 second.

Summoner Spells:

I like Ghost, Cleanse, the reason I love this combo is that I can afford to be very aggressive and know I can get out fast without to much hasstle or damage done. Also Ghost helps out run basicaly any champ who tried to get away with ease early game even if they are well ahead of you because you can quickly get in range with ghost and close the distance in an instant with Aegis.

Chamption Skills:

1. Spear Throw
2. Aegis of Zeonia
3. Heartseeker Strike
4. Heartseeker Strike
5. Heartseeker Strike
6. Grand Skyfall
7. Heartseeker Strike
8. Spear Throw
9. Heartseeker Strike
10. Spear Throw
11. Grand Skyfall
12. Spear Throw
13. Spear Throw
14. Aegis of Zeonia
15. Aegis of Zeonia
16. Grand Skyfall
17. Aegis of Zeonia
18. Aegis of Zeonia

Early Game

As Pantheon you excell early game. At fountaine pick up a long sword OR a meki pendant depending on who exactly you are laning with (also depending on what you get pick up a HP pot or 2.) Example: If you are going mid pick up a meki but if you are laning get the long sword if your laning with some one with clarity of if they can harrase in your sted so you can save up for your 123 combo as much as possible. The best lane partners in my opinion for Pantheon are Morgana and Blitzcrank, both of these champions do wonders for feeding pantheon. Remeber be agressive early game especialy if you are laning against squishies, but DO NOT be careless because you are still pretty squishy even with your passive. If you have a good morgana or blitz you should deffinatly be able to pick up first blood if not just farm as much as possible and go in for champ kill when the oportunity arises. If you are laned against melee do not be afraid to get down and dirty with em because you passive will piss them off so much they will QQ all day. If you are laning against range simply let your minions do the work and just last hit with spear throw if you are afraid of the harrasse from the melee. I like to AT with my friend who play morgana because it is just pure rape even at their tower, because of your passive you can easily dive some one early on for tons of dmg and an easy kill and it is just that much easier with a morgana, Morgana dark binds the foe at their turret then oils them, you wait till her bind is almost up then you simply Sheild bash their brains, heart seeker, spear throw and then YAY free kill.

After you have about 1400 or so go back to base and pick up a brutalizer because you need the dmg, rrmor pen, and especialy the cooldown. After you have brutalizer you can either return to your lane or help gank another lane if you are lvl 6 this should be very easy if not just wait in a bush, make sure your partner is ready and ghost Aegis heart seeker and their boned.

Mid Game

Ok, here is where you become OMGAWD ganktastic Pantheon. Pantheon is entirley champ kill dependant and unlike some Melee DPS champs who need to farm alot you should probably use your ulti to your advantage and gank as much as possible because a fed pantheon can absolutly change the course of early and mid game entirly in your favore and still pose a big threat in late game. The key to ganking successfuly with your ulti is map awarness you should remaine in your lane if you are needed and simply keep watch over your map, be aware of enemy HP and positions and Skyfall thous who would easily be stun heartseekered. By mid game you should have enough to get Boots of swiftness and start saving immediatly for a BF Sword. Continue going where you are needed and playing passive aggressivly if you are forced to stay in lane. One thing you should never do is initiate a fight unless you can clearly take the enemy down with your 123 combo. You should have enough for your BF soon just turn that into a BT ASAP and continue your rampage of destroying champs. You should also be pushing any lanes that are pushed past the river onto your side, just walk over to that lane heartseeker the bulk of the minion wave and watch you BT give you more and more Attk dmg. The next item you should be going for is a Frozen mallet because of your very low survivability. The frozen mallet will help with keeping you alive while giving you a small amount of damage and a nice slow so getting away from you can be quite the hassale. After you have your frozen mallet you can actually stay in a team fight a bit longer. By now team there should have been a few team fights and your roll in team fights is simple stay away as it is being initiated and as your enemy clearly is commited and decides on who to attk you just waltz on in and stun their DPS and get your heartseeker to hit their DPS and as many others as you can, You should easily kill their DPS champ and after that should try and stay away as to not be focused and wait for your CDs unless you are confidant you can destroy the rest of them with spear throws and auto attks without taking to much of a beating. Your next item should be another Blood thirster, quickly max out your second one and get back into the fights and pushing lanes quickly with your heartseeker.

Late Game

Depending on how your Early and Mid game went you will more than likley be getting that second BT around now. After your second BT you should be aiming for a Banshees veil so you can block one skill and get some more HP and some mana so you can use your combo a few more times b4 blue pilling back. Pantheon is a decent late game champ, Hearkseeker Strike still does heaps of Damage but he is just not as potent as he was mid and early game. Now is where you absolutly can not afford to be reckless because even with a banshees you can be killed easily especialy against burst dmg champs. Stick to the plan of coming in last and focusing down their DPS and then getting out and waiting for your CDs for your next run. If the game is still going turn your lonley Brutalizer into a Ghostblade. Make sure you and your team are keeping the lanes pushed in and hammering them hard in the team fights and you should pick up the win.

Masteries

I use a 9-21-0 build for my masteries. The reason I ues this build is basicaly because I need the survivability from defensive masteries and the littile more attk speed and rrmor pen I get from the Offense tree can help in getting the early kills.

Runes

Marks-9 Armor Penitration runes

Seals-9 Dodge Runes

Glyphs-9 Flat Cooldown Runes

Quintessances- 3 Move Speed Runes OR 3 Flat HP runes if you want an even better early game

Item Build

• Long Sword + Hp Pot
  • Brutalizer
  • Boots 3
  • BF Sword into a Blood Thirster
  • Frozen Mallet
  • BF sword into a Blood Thirster
  • Banshees Veil
  • Turn Brutalizer into Ghostblade Last
I find that this build works well and I almost always have a good KDR when I have a good lane partner early game.

If this guild helps cool but if not sorry to waste your time. If you read it please respond if it helps or not and what you think about how i play pantheon.

Thorproject

06-08-2010

Thats a very nice build for Pant. I play with this guy a lot and he rapes as long as the team he is on is decent. Early and mid game really are the deciding factor on how well pant will be. If you are getting kills left and right then you will most likely own late game. If you are the one getting killed then you will probably do poorly late game even if your team is doing well. Props to you bro and thanks for the guide!.

FngKestrel

06-08-2010

I like the Brutalizer early, since farming BF Sword takes FOREVER.

However, how do you feel about stacking a second BF Sword before turning your first one into a Blood Thirster?

Secondly, is it worth getting Phage earlier on since Pantheon is so squishy?

Redenbacher

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FngKestrel View Post

However, how do you feel about stacking a second BF Sword before turning your first one into a Blood Thirster?

The tough thing about Pantheon is the careful balance between survivability and damage. If you don't have the damage, you won't get the kills. If you're not getting kills, you're getting killed, because you couldn't invest in survivability.

So I would say this balance is well done, with the Brutalizer so early. The extra armor pen, CDR, and damage is very helpful to finish the laning phase strong.

This is a not a bad item build at all, and will make Panth take a decent beating, although I would worry that his damage in the late game would suffer.

Another great starting choice, in my opinion, is boots. Pantheon has fantastic base movement speed, and stacking the level 1 boots on top of that gives you a huge advantage to further aid your early game - getting in range for that W/E combo.

I'll also add, that while I'm against Snowball items in general, SotO works wonders on Pantheon, because it gives him the damage scaling he needs to stay effective throughout the game. If your early game is going well, turn that longsword into SotO, and if not, go for the Brutalizer.

Captain Revan

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FngKestrel View Post

Yes Brutalizer for me is key to get first and i never get 2 BF swords b4 i get a BT. If you just get your BT and farm it quickly with a few heartseeker strikes to own minion waves youll get it to the +40 dmg really fast so youll be at the equivallent of the 2 BF swords well you'll also have lifesteal so the BT is better at keeping you alive. I dong get phage early because if you dont play dumb you shouldnt die with a 9-21-0 build for masteries. But i deffinatly get it after my first BT.

Captain Spears

06-09-2010

Ya, by my name u can c that me and revan are friends and play 2gether usually but it is a very good build but with panth's ulti u should try to gank the other lanes that are getting pushed or have really low people at there tower for very effective tower diving, but when the lane is getting pushed try to ulti behind them so they have no where 2 run away u should at least get 1 kill with that stratigy but this build usually i only get 2 c him get the 1st 4 items which by then the game is over because of the domination he has withthe dmg and resistance to survive and picking which champions he focuses. most scores with this build are at least 12/2/6 around there so yes very effective way to play a great champion like him.

echevez94

07-02-2010

love it <33