Vertical Sync?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nanokia

10-02-2011

What does it do and will i have better fps if i turn it off? I run at 30 fps on medium but in teamfights I will drop to round 15

Sicom

10-02-2011

It eliminates or mostly eliminates "screen tearing" by limiting your frame rate to some fraction of your monitor's refresh rate.

If you see lines that tear through the screen and the image becomes distorted for a split second, then enable V.Sync. Some people notice it more than others.

I personally don't play any games without V. Sync. Screen tearing drives me mad and gives me headaches.

Variax

Recruiter

Kakashik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

for some reason i get like 30fps with out it and i have no probs but my thing still slows down. need new vid card ati is doodoo

1Kenpachi1

10-02-2011

v sync also helps when the game has extreme transitions on scenes, just like LOL teamfights, you come from a quiet state (farming) to a active state (teamfights).

Sicom

10-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashik View Post
for some reason i get like 30fps with out it and i have no probs but my thing still slows down. need new vid card ati is doodoo
Nonsense. ATI makes great cards, and in fact benchmark better than nVidia cards at most price points.

If you want suggestions on what card to buy, look no further: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...orce,3018.html

Leondre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2011

I've never once seen screen tearing, so I always make it a point to turn vsync off. Uncapped frames feels good man.

Cenerae

10-02-2011

You get slightly better fps if you disable it.

But if you're playing on medium, just turn graphics all down to lowest and you'll see a more noticeable improvement.

FlyMoto

10-02-2011

Your monitor's refresh rate is virtually guaranteed to be 60. Some get 75, and occassionally up to 120 (but you really are paying a lot for these).

In the end, guess what? TV runs on 30 Hz and most people can't tell the difference beyond that. I also highly doubt you can tell the difference beyond ~45, and almost definitely beyond 60.

In the end, all removing VSync is going to do is cause screen tearing.

Onedown

10-02-2011

I never have vsync on and never had screen tearing