I hate Sword of the Divine.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duskofdead

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirding View Post
I would argue that the RIGHT answer is the fix the abilities and dispense with the items.

Are there abusive healing mechanics? Well, there USED to be, but they got nerfed pretty severely -- and with good reason. It's one thing to output a heal for 1000 health once in a fight -- damage is thrown around liberally and that heal is only going to save one person for a few more seconds. It's something else entirely to output a heal for 800 health every 10 seconds. Riot's initial solution to this -- Executioner's Calling -- addressed a symptom (immortal champions who were healing faster than you could DPS then) rather than addressing the problem (the healing).

Sword of the Divine is in the same boat. It addresses a symptom caused by Jax -- there is one champion on the other team that is reducing all of your damage by 40% before armor in a completely passive manner -- rather than addressing the actual problem: the dodge mechanic. Compounding this "solution's" issues are the fact that it is a very gold-inefficient item and that the active ability (which costs quite the premium) isn't that great against most other champions.
I actually think the fact that regen was nerfed in Dominion but lifesteal wasn't showcases that lifesteal stack (or spellvamp stack, depending on champ) is a rather big problem. Watching a Sion or lifesteal-built Yi or Gangplank literally heal back to full while fighting you is really, really stupid. Or Jax with a hextech. Or Akali...

Weirding

10-23-2011

350 games. My hatred of this item has not diminished. Jax is still in nearly every game I play -- I'm forced to play Blind Pick because the wait time for Draft in Dominion is HORRIBLE and people queue dodge like crazy -- and I still have to build this one TERRIBLE item exclusively to counter a SINGLE enemy champion.

Slap "Your attacks cannot be dodged" onto Entropy. Then maybe people will actually build it over Frozen Mallet. At the very least I would feel like I was getting my money's worth if I could use a decent item to counter Jax.

DCode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

Play draft, Jax is always banned and I agree SotD is kinda underwhelming.

Elealar

10-24-2011

SotD isn't so bad. It gives you:
+60% Attack Speed
+25 Damage per hit (effectively)
+30 ArPen for 8 secs

All this for ~2k. 60% ASpd is alone worth ~1400 (bought as 1470). 25 damage is worth 975; this a bit less since it's wrong type for your penetration and isn't multiplied on crits. Still, it could easily be worth ~15 actual damage per hit, or about 600. And the active gives you 30 ArPen which is kinda hard to value due to the lack of baseline; if we use runes as a baseline, it's worth about 15 AD or about 600 gold more (tho I'd argue ArPen runes are just superefficient rather than being a fair baseline for AD).

The item is pretty good. It's obviously at its best on anybody with ASpd scaling, but numbers-wise it's pretty well rounded overall. And I rounded all the numbers down; there's few hundreds more worth of value in the item.

And Jax isn't the only Dodge-user; Udyr has inherent Dodge too and then there's Sivir. And Dodge-runes are pretty good on any tanky or ranged AD types, when combined with Nimbleness. And Ninja Tabi are the best value for your gold against AD types.

IS1429332aa9b633

10-24-2011

It's not as bad as before with Jax, thx to Gunblade nerf.

Xalerwons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

Sword of the Divine
1970 gold

It gives 60% AS, 25 magic damage a hit, and an active that gives you 30 armor pen and undodgeable attacks.

That's 1825 gold worth of stats. So you're paying 145 gold for 30 armor pen on demand and attacks that can't be dodged.

SotD is actually extremely gold efficient. You just seem to have a problem with the stigma attached to it.

Hugs From Momma

10-24-2011

It's better than Ionic Spark. Guess that's something.

Jazba Junoon

Master Recruiter

10-24-2011

Get any caster, with CC and u will beat the **** out of jax.
Jax cant kill morgana, lux, cass.
Jax need full set of items to be boss and with hexa nerfed to the ground, he always first 1 to die.

Tibbers Bot

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazba Junoon View Post
Get any caster, with CC and u will beat the **** out of jax.
Jax cant kill morgana, lux, cass.
Jax need full set of items to be boss and with hexa nerfed to the ground, he always first 1 to die.
Gunblade wasn't nerfed into the ground, it was nerfed from far too cost efficient to quite good. Jax still runs rampant and still builds gunblades. It's more the nature of the map that encourages more small skirmishes that gives Jax the edge.

Terry Atken

10-24-2011

Jax can't dodge spells.

Learn2play.

If you're a champion that does most of his damage through auto attacks, and you don't have a sotd, AND Jax has Ninja Tabi AND has rank 3 in his dodge skill AND as Dodge seals (which are incredibly expensive), and you don't have a stun, exhaust, or ignite? Then yes. Run away.

Most of the people that ***** about Jax are ranged AD carries that aren't used to a character being able to 1v1 their auto-fed asses. News flash: get over it. Jax was meant to counter you, and that's why he's a popular pick.

Oh, and guess what? Try using -your spells-. Jax can't dodge those. What? You have a cait? Your spells are skill shots not meant for repeated damage? Too bad. Stop playing her, or stop playing blind pick. Pick Graves, who can -rip through a Jax- with buckshot alone.

Pick Ashe, who (until he gets bilgewater) can kite Jax around like a little *****. Hell, even when he gets gunblade, if she has an exhaust or ghost up, and Jax doesn't? he's screwed and can't touch her again.

It's the same reason why people ***** about getting killed during Rammus taunt when he has a thornmail, yet refuse to buy 740s worth of MR, or a 1400 QSS that will get rip apart his taunt. -Get- -Over- -It-. He's meant to counter you.

It's not about the champion. It's about the players who don't know how to counter the champion.

You don't NEED sotd. Send an ap brusier like swain on Jax, or just burst him with an ap character. If you're AD brusier? Use your abilities, so he won't dodge them. If you're a ranged AD? RUN AWAY AND USE YOUR ABILITIES. Stop !@#$ing auto attacking the character meant to counter you. Get SOTD if you REALLY need to focus on the guy with 3k hp, over 120 armor, and 40% dodge. Though I don't know why the !@#$ you'd ever want to.